Re: [OTRMP3] Re: Real Audio to MP3Keep in mind!

  • Brian Ramsbey
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 1, 2005
      I tried it last night and the Ver 2.009 does not give me an error nor
      does it convert anything. It loads the RA file ok then I try to convert
      it to a wav for editing and when I tell it OK it justs pops back to the
      first screen like its done but I have nothing for a file. The
      conversion usually takes 3-8 minutes depending on length, and this jumps
      back in 1/2 sec. There is something wrong and I know it has to do when
      the codec, just not sure why it doesn't work...Yet. I am in the
      process of checking out the alternative Codec site I will let you know
      what I find.

      Thanks,
      Brian R.

      Comodo Dragon wrote:

      > > Thank you for that suggestion, I got the program I will give it a chance
      > > as soon as I can and let you know. BTW what do you mean by the
      > > "Alternative Codec"?
      > >

      > The alternative real codec is the the real codec without the real player.
      >
      > I don't know if using the real alternative codec will solve your problem
      > with the missing codec error. The alternative codec is based realpayer
      > 10, realnetworks removed/renamed some dll's in realplayer 10.
      >
      > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
      >

      > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
      > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
      >
      > But we'll miss you.
      >

      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > click here
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dgcni7/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705851308:HM/EXP=1112312846/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

    • Brian Ramsbey
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 4, 2005
        I think I got it to work last night. What I had to do was load the
        2.009 version that was sent to me and then install the Real Alternative
        codec and it worked. I was ecstatic, I hope it continues to work, I was
        able to convert one file and it was fast on the new machine. Thank you
        to all for your help, I knew something had to work.

        Thank you again!
        Brian R.

        Brian Ramsbey wrote:

        > I tried it last night and the Ver 2.009 does not give me an error nor
        > does it convert anything. It loads the RA file ok then I try to convert
        > it to a wav for editing and when I tell it OK it justs pops back to the
        > first screen like its done but I have nothing for a file. The
        > conversion usually takes 3-8 minutes depending on length, and this jumps
        > back in 1/2 sec. There is something wrong and I know it has to do when
        > the codec, just not sure why it doesn't work...Yet. I am in the
        > process of checking out the alternative Codec site I will let you know
        > what I find.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Brian R.
        >

        > Comodo Dragon wrote:
        >

        > > > Thank you for that suggestion, I got the program I will give it a
        > chance
        > > > as soon as I can and let you know. BTW what do you mean by the
        > > > "Alternative Codec"?
        > > >

        > > The alternative real codec is the the real codec without the real
        > player.
        > >
        > > I don't know if using the real alternative codec will solve your problem
        > > with the missing codec error. The alternative codec is based realpayer
        > > 10, realnetworks removed/renamed some dll's in realplayer 10.
        > >
        > > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
        > >

        > > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
        > > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
        > >
        > > But we'll miss you.
        > >

        > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > > click here
        > >
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dgcni7/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705851308:HM/EXP=1112312846/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

        > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
        > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
        >
        > But we'll miss you.

      • aggreen1
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 4, 2005
          ***Where did you get the Real Alternative codec?

          Al

          --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Brian Ramsbey <bramsbey@x>
          wrote:

          > I think I got it to work last night. What I had to do was load the
          > 2.009 version that was sent to me and then install the Real
          Alternative
          > codec and it worked. I was ecstatic, I hope it continues to work,
          I was
          > able to convert one file and it was fast on the new machine. Thank
          you
          > to all for your help, I knew something had to work.
          >
          > Thank you again!
          > Brian R.
          >

          > Brian Ramsbey wrote:
          >
          > > I tried it last night and the Ver 2.009 does not give me an error
          nor
          > > does it convert anything. It loads the RA file ok then I try to
          convert
          > > it to a wav for editing and when I tell it OK it justs pops back
          to the
          > > first screen like its done but I have nothing for a file. The
          > > conversion usually takes 3-8 minutes depending on length, and
          this jumps
          > > back in 1/2 sec. There is something wrong and I know it has to
          do when
          > > the codec, just not sure why it doesn't work...Yet. I am in the
          > > process of checking out the alternative Codec site I will let you
          know
          > > what I find.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Brian R.

          > > chance
          > > > >

          > > > The alternative real codec is the the real codec without the
          real
          > > player.
          > > >
          > > > I don't know if using the real alternative codec will solve
          your problem
          > > > with the missing codec error. The alternative codec is based
          realpayer
          > > > 10, realnetworks removed/renamed some dll's in realplayer 10.
          > > >
          > > > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
          > > >

          > > > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can
          easily
          > > > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
          > > >
          > > > But we'll miss you.
          > > >

          > > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
          > > > click here

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dgcni7/M=298184.6018725.7038619.300117
          6/D=groups/S=1705851308:HM/EXP=1112312846/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/
          *http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          > > > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
          of

          > > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can
          easily
          > > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
          > >
          > > But we'll miss you.

          subject=Unsubscribe>

        • Brian Ramsbey
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 5, 2005
            Have a look here:

            > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

            Good Luck,
            Brian R.

            aggreen1 wrote:

            > ***Where did you get the Real Alternative codec?
            >
            > Al
            >

            > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Brian Ramsbey <bramsbey@x>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I think I got it to work last night. What I had to do was load the
            > > 2.009 version that was sent to me and then install the Real
            > Alternative
            > > codec and it worked. I was ecstatic, I hope it continues to work,
            > I was
            > > able to convert one file and it was fast on the new machine. Thank
            > you
            > > to all for your help, I knew something had to work.
            > >
            > > Thank you again!
            > > Brian R.
            > >

            > > Brian Ramsbey wrote:
            > >
            > > > I tried it last night and the Ver 2.009 does not give me an error
            > nor
            > > > does it convert anything. It loads the RA file ok then I try to
            > convert
            > > > it to a wav for editing and when I tell it OK it justs pops back
            > to the
            > > > first screen like its done but I have nothing for a file. The
            > > > conversion usually takes 3-8 minutes depending on length, and
            > this jumps
            > > > back in 1/2 sec. There is something wrong and I know it has to
            > do when
            > > > the codec, just not sure why it doesn't work...Yet. I am in the
            > > > process of checking out the alternative Codec site I will let you
            > know
            > > > what I find.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Brian R.

            > it a
            > > > chance
            > the

            > real
            > > > player.

            > your problem
            > realpayer

            > easily

            > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dgcni7/M=298184.6018725.7038619.300117
            > 6/D=groups/S=1705851308:HM/EXP=1112312846/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/
            > *http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

            > subject=Unsubscribe>

            > of
            > > > >

            > > > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can
            > easily
            > > > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
            > > >
            > > > But we'll miss you.

            > subject=Unsubscribe>

            > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
            > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
            >
            > But we'll miss you.

          • aggreen1
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 5, 2005
              ***Thanks. It worked...after uninstalling Real Player.

              ***Note: When I clicked on the download link at the URL below, Norton
              popped up with a virus alert. After quarantining whatever was
              connected with the page, the download went smoothly. I had the
              downloaded file checked by Norton and it was virus free. I don't know
              what happenedc, but Norton did its thing!

              wrote:
              > Have a look here:
              >
              > > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
              > >
              > Good Luck,
              > Brian R.
              >
              > aggreen1 wrote:
              >

              > > ***Where did you get the Real Alternative codec?
              > >
              > > Al
              > >

              > > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Brian Ramsbey
              <bramsbey@x>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I think I got it to work last night. What I had to do was load
              the
              > > > 2.009 version that was sent to me and then install the Real
              > > Alternative
              > > > codec and it worked. I was ecstatic, I hope it continues to
              work,
              > > I was
              > > > able to convert one file and it was fast on the new machine.
              Thank
              > > you
              > > > to all for your help, I knew something had to work.
              > > >
              > > > Thank you again!
              > > > Brian R.

              > > nor
              > > convert
              > > to the
              > > this jumps
              > > do when
              > > know

              > > it a
              > > the

              > > real

              > > your problem
              > > realpayer

              > > easily

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dgcni7/M=298184.6018725.7038619.300117

              6/D=groups/S=1705851308:HM/EXP=1112312846/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/
              > > *http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

              > > subject=Unsubscribe>

              Terms
              > > of

              > > easily

              > > subject=Unsubscribe>

              Terms of

              > > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can
              easily
              > > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
              > >
              > > But we'll miss you.

              subject=Unsubscribe>

            • Comodo Dragon
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 6, 2005
                aggreen1 wrote, On 06/04/2005 1:54 AM:

                > ***Thanks. It worked...after uninstalling Real Player.
                >
                > ***Note: When I clicked on the download link at the URL below, Norton
                > popped up with a virus alert. After quarantining whatever was
                > connected with the page, the download went smoothly. I had the
                > downloaded file checked by Norton and it was virus free. I don't know
                > what happenedc, but Norton did its thing!
                >
                > Al

                The web page is badly written I'm seeing a lot of errors in the JS
                console, but F-prot isn't giving me an virus warnings.