[OTRMP3] Re: Real Audio to MP3Keep in mind!

  • aggreen1
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 31, 2005
      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Comodo Dragon
      <comododragon2003@y...> wrote:

      > > ***This baffles me. I installed version 2.009 on Win98 and it worked
      > > immediately without having to reboot.
      > >
      > > Al
      > >

      > Which codec are you using

      ***I have several codecs loaded so that I can watch downloaded .AVI
      movies in Windows Media Player. One of these must be just right for
      version 2.009. I did not load any particular or special codec for this
      program.

      Al
    • Brian Ramsbey
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 1, 2005
        I tried it last night and the Ver 2.009 does not give me an error nor
        does it convert anything. It loads the RA file ok then I try to convert
        it to a wav for editing and when I tell it OK it justs pops back to the
        first screen like its done but I have nothing for a file. The
        conversion usually takes 3-8 minutes depending on length, and this jumps
        back in 1/2 sec. There is something wrong and I know it has to do when
        the codec, just not sure why it doesn't work...Yet. I am in the
        process of checking out the alternative Codec site I will let you know
        what I find.

        Thanks,
        Brian R.

        Comodo Dragon wrote:

        > > Thank you for that suggestion, I got the program I will give it a chance
        > > as soon as I can and let you know. BTW what do you mean by the
        > > "Alternative Codec"?
        > >

        > The alternative real codec is the the real codec without the real player.
        >
        > I don't know if using the real alternative codec will solve your problem
        > with the missing codec error. The alternative codec is based realpayer
        > 10, realnetworks removed/renamed some dll's in realplayer 10.
        >
        > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
        >

        > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
        > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
        >
        > But we'll miss you.
        >

        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > click here
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dgcni7/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705851308:HM/EXP=1112312846/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

      • Brian Ramsbey
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 4, 2005
          I think I got it to work last night. What I had to do was load the
          2.009 version that was sent to me and then install the Real Alternative
          codec and it worked. I was ecstatic, I hope it continues to work, I was
          able to convert one file and it was fast on the new machine. Thank you
          to all for your help, I knew something had to work.

          Thank you again!
          Brian R.

          Brian Ramsbey wrote:

          > I tried it last night and the Ver 2.009 does not give me an error nor
          > does it convert anything. It loads the RA file ok then I try to convert
          > it to a wav for editing and when I tell it OK it justs pops back to the
          > first screen like its done but I have nothing for a file. The
          > conversion usually takes 3-8 minutes depending on length, and this jumps
          > back in 1/2 sec. There is something wrong and I know it has to do when
          > the codec, just not sure why it doesn't work...Yet. I am in the
          > process of checking out the alternative Codec site I will let you know
          > what I find.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Brian R.
          >

          > Comodo Dragon wrote:
          >

          > > > Thank you for that suggestion, I got the program I will give it a
          > chance
          > > > as soon as I can and let you know. BTW what do you mean by the
          > > > "Alternative Codec"?
          > > >

          > > The alternative real codec is the the real codec without the real
          > player.
          > >
          > > I don't know if using the real alternative codec will solve your problem
          > > with the missing codec error. The alternative codec is based realpayer
          > > 10, realnetworks removed/renamed some dll's in realplayer 10.
          > >
          > > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
          > >

          > > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
          > > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
          > >
          > > But we'll miss you.
          > >

          > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
          > > click here
          > >
          > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dgcni7/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705851308:HM/EXP=1112312846/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

          > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
          > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
          >
          > But we'll miss you.

        • aggreen1
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 4, 2005
            ***Where did you get the Real Alternative codec?

            Al

            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Brian Ramsbey <bramsbey@x>
            wrote:

            > I think I got it to work last night. What I had to do was load the
            > 2.009 version that was sent to me and then install the Real
            Alternative
            > codec and it worked. I was ecstatic, I hope it continues to work,
            I was
            > able to convert one file and it was fast on the new machine. Thank
            you
            > to all for your help, I knew something had to work.
            >
            > Thank you again!
            > Brian R.
            >

            > Brian Ramsbey wrote:
            >
            > > I tried it last night and the Ver 2.009 does not give me an error
            nor
            > > does it convert anything. It loads the RA file ok then I try to
            convert
            > > it to a wav for editing and when I tell it OK it justs pops back
            to the
            > > first screen like its done but I have nothing for a file. The
            > > conversion usually takes 3-8 minutes depending on length, and
            this jumps
            > > back in 1/2 sec. There is something wrong and I know it has to
            do when
            > > the codec, just not sure why it doesn't work...Yet. I am in the
            > > process of checking out the alternative Codec site I will let you
            know
            > > what I find.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Brian R.

            > > chance
            > > > >

            > > > The alternative real codec is the the real codec without the
            real
            > > player.
            > > >
            > > > I don't know if using the real alternative codec will solve
            your problem
            > > > with the missing codec error. The alternative codec is based
            realpayer
            > > > 10, realnetworks removed/renamed some dll's in realplayer 10.
            > > >
            > > > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
            > > >

            > > > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can
            easily
            > > > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
            > > >
            > > > But we'll miss you.
            > > >

            > > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
            > > > click here

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dgcni7/M=298184.6018725.7038619.300117
            6/D=groups/S=1705851308:HM/EXP=1112312846/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/
            *http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

            subject=Unsubscribe>

            > > > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
            of

            > > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can
            easily
            > > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
            > >
            > > But we'll miss you.

            subject=Unsubscribe>

          • Brian Ramsbey
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 5, 2005
              Have a look here:

              > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

              Good Luck,
              Brian R.

              aggreen1 wrote:

              > ***Where did you get the Real Alternative codec?
              >
              > Al
              >

              > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Brian Ramsbey <bramsbey@x>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I think I got it to work last night. What I had to do was load the
              > > 2.009 version that was sent to me and then install the Real
              > Alternative
              > > codec and it worked. I was ecstatic, I hope it continues to work,
              > I was
              > > able to convert one file and it was fast on the new machine. Thank
              > you
              > > to all for your help, I knew something had to work.
              > >
              > > Thank you again!
              > > Brian R.
              > >

              > > Brian Ramsbey wrote:
              > >
              > > > I tried it last night and the Ver 2.009 does not give me an error
              > nor
              > > > does it convert anything. It loads the RA file ok then I try to
              > convert
              > > > it to a wav for editing and when I tell it OK it justs pops back
              > to the
              > > > first screen like its done but I have nothing for a file. The
              > > > conversion usually takes 3-8 minutes depending on length, and
              > this jumps
              > > > back in 1/2 sec. There is something wrong and I know it has to
              > do when
              > > > the codec, just not sure why it doesn't work...Yet. I am in the
              > > > process of checking out the alternative Codec site I will let you
              > know
              > > > what I find.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > > Brian R.

              > it a
              > > > chance
              > the

              > real
              > > > player.

              > your problem
              > realpayer

              > easily

              > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dgcni7/M=298184.6018725.7038619.300117
              > 6/D=groups/S=1705851308:HM/EXP=1112312846/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/
              > *http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

              > subject=Unsubscribe>

              > of
              > > > >

              > > > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can
              > easily
              > > > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
              > > >
              > > > But we'll miss you.

              > subject=Unsubscribe>

              > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
              > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
              >
              > But we'll miss you.

            • aggreen1
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 5, 2005
                ***Thanks. It worked...after uninstalling Real Player.

                ***Note: When I clicked on the download link at the URL below, Norton
                popped up with a virus alert. After quarantining whatever was
                connected with the page, the download went smoothly. I had the
                downloaded file checked by Norton and it was virus free. I don't know
                what happenedc, but Norton did its thing!

                wrote:
                > Have a look here:
                >
                > > http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
                > >
                > Good Luck,
                > Brian R.
                >
                > aggreen1 wrote:
                >

                > > ***Where did you get the Real Alternative codec?
                > >
                > > Al
                > >

                > > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Brian Ramsbey
                <bramsbey@x>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I think I got it to work last night. What I had to do was load
                the
                > > > 2.009 version that was sent to me and then install the Real
                > > Alternative
                > > > codec and it worked. I was ecstatic, I hope it continues to
                work,
                > > I was
                > > > able to convert one file and it was fast on the new machine.
                Thank
                > > you
                > > > to all for your help, I knew something had to work.
                > > >
                > > > Thank you again!
                > > > Brian R.

                > > nor
                > > convert
                > > to the
                > > this jumps
                > > do when
                > > know

                > > it a
                > > the

                > > real

                > > your problem
                > > realpayer

                > > easily

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dgcni7/M=298184.6018725.7038619.300117

                6/D=groups/S=1705851308:HM/EXP=1112312846/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/
                > > *http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

                > > subject=Unsubscribe>

                Terms
                > > of

                > > easily

                > > subject=Unsubscribe>

                Terms of

                > > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can
                easily
                > > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
                > >
                > > But we'll miss you.

                subject=Unsubscribe>

              • Comodo Dragon
                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 6, 2005
                  aggreen1 wrote, On 06/04/2005 1:54 AM:

                  > ***Thanks. It worked...after uninstalling Real Player.
                  >
                  > ***Note: When I clicked on the download link at the URL below, Norton
                  > popped up with a virus alert. After quarantining whatever was
                  > connected with the page, the download went smoothly. I had the
                  > downloaded file checked by Norton and it was virus free. I don't know
                  > what happenedc, but Norton did its thing!
                  >
                  > Al

                  The web page is badly written I'm seeing a lot of errors in the JS
                  console, but F-prot isn't giving me an virus warnings.