RE: [OTRMP3] Server back on line IP has changed

  • Dan Morrison
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 9, 2005
      Worked fine for me - correct IP and passwords.

      Now, I used OTR in capitals - not lowercase. Is the ftp process case
      sensitive?

      Maybe it's operator headspacing and timing? ;-)

      Dan Morrison
      (land line) 301-874-2150
      (mobile) 301-676-3390

      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 9, 2005
        I see. It defies explanation because I use the correct port, the correct
        username and password, the correct ip address, and it asks continuously for a
        password. I tried this several months ago, and was denied for the same
        reason, but this time I wanted to be persistent and get down to the bottom of the
        problem. I hope Sabrina will be able to help but if she can't, then that
        is one site which is loudly proclaimed available to members of this group
        which is fact is not available, a lot of propaganda like the kind the government
        gives, you know. I am sorry, indeed, there must be many people who are
        stopped like a brick wall here. James

      • jimmyhwbnd@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 9, 2005
          Hey, hey, hey! Using OTR and password OTR worked! Believe it or not, I
          got in but was told too many users. But it worked, long last it worked!
          James

        • Dan Morrison
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 9, 2005
            I'm downloading some Luke Slaughter episodes from Sabrina's server as I
            write...

            Host address: 68.84.90.161
            User name: OTR
            Password: OTR
            Port: 21

            Did not have problems with the prior address until recently - and the IP
            address change fixed that.

            Do some ISPs routinely block other ISPs? No problem from adelphia.net.

            Dan Morrison
            (land line) 301-874-2150
            (mobile) 301-676-3390

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 9, 2005
              "Hey, hey, hey! Using OTR and password OTR worked! Believe it or not, I
              got in but was told too many users. But it worked, long last it worked!
              "

              It worked for me too, James!! I used all caps!! Yippee! First time since I
              joined this group half a year ago it's worked!

              Happy days are here again, la-di-da-di-daaa...

              Thanks immensely!

              Les
            • Mark Stratton
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 9, 2005
                On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:05:03 EST, jimmyhwbnd@... <jimmyhwbnd@...> wrote:
                > I see. It defies explanation because I use the correct port, the correct
                > username and password, the correct ip address, and it asks continuously for
                > password. I tried this several months ago, and was denied for the same
                > reason, but this time I wanted to be persistent and get down to the bottom
                > of the
                > problem. I hope Sabrina will be able to help but if she can't, then that
                > is one site which is loudly proclaimed available to members of this group
                > which is fact is not available, a lot of propaganda like the kind the
                > government
                > gives, you know. I am sorry, indeed, there must be many people who are
                > stopped like a brick wall here.

                I realize you finally got in, but I think this was a smidge over the
                top in describing your frustration. Equating not being able to access
                an FTP with Government Propaganda is a bit much, IMHO. Especially
                since you got it in with a small change in your approach to it.

                Best,
                Mark

                --
                High and Tight
                Thoughts on Baseball
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 9, 2005
                  Sabrina's message 36164 says that the username and password are both
                  uppercase OTR. If you use a different username and password, then yes,
                  it won't work.

                  >loudly proclaimed

                  More like kindly proclaimed.

                  Please no more flames.

                  Your moderator, Pat

                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 9, 2005
                    Hi folks! Can someone tell me a little something about The Goon Show? Such
                    as, when it was broadcast, who starred in it, how popular it was.

                    Also, I really, really love those four or five British Miss Marples movies
                    from the early 60s. Can someone tell me if there was ever a Miss Marples
                    radio show in the UK?

                    Thanks much!

                    Les
                  • jimmyhwbnd@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 9, 2005
                      no flames intended

                    • Comodo Dragon
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 10, 2005
                        > Also, I really, really love those four or five British Miss Marples movies
                        > from the early 60s. Can someone tell me if there was ever a Miss Marples
                        > radio show in the UK?
                        >
                        > Thanks much!
                        >
                        > Les

                        Have a look at the BBC7 web site, they a currently broadcasting A Murder
                        is Announced.
                      • barryem
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 10, 2005
                          --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, jimmyhwbnd@a... wrote:
                          > I see. It defies explanation because I use the correct port,
                          the correct
                          > username and password, the correct ip address, and it asks
                          continuously for a
                          > password. I tried this several months ago, and was denied for
                          the same
                          > reason, but this time I wanted to be persistent and get down to
                          the bottom of the
                          > problem. I hope Sabrina will be able to help but if she can't,
                          then that
                          > is one site which is loudly proclaimed available to members of
                          this group
                          > which is fact is not available, a lot of propaganda like the kind
                          the government
                          > gives, you know. I am sorry, indeed, there must be many people
                          who are
                          > stopped like a brick wall here. James

                          I don't think you're being fair. You're having a problem. No-one
                          else seems to be. I've been on Sabrina's FTP site many times and
                          never had a problem.

                          You're going to have a hard time staining her reputation since so
                          many of us have used her site. All you'll do is blacken your own
                          reputation.

                          Barry
                        • jimmyhwbnd@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 10, 2005
                            Listen, I thought I made it clear that I meant no flames nor hard feelings,
                            and in previous emails the issue has been well resolved sent by me. Why are
                            you re-hashing this?

                          • barryem
                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 10, 2005
                              --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, jimmyhwbnd@a... wrote:
                              > Listen, I thought I made it clear that I meant no flames nor hard
                              feelings,
                              > and in previous emails the issue has been well resolved sent by
                              me. Why are
                              > you re-hashing this?

                              I came in and saw your post and responded before I saw the rest. I
                              apologize for rehashing it. It had already been said and if I'd
                              realized that I wouldn't have. However, it did deserve to be said
                              and I'm glad it was.

                              Barry