No Scrooges here

  • Les Toil
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 1, 2004
      Just wanted to say George is the greatest for sending me this Gun Smoke disk
      that arrived today. Can't say I ever thought I'd win anything when I joined
      this great club, let alone something I really wanted.

      And an extra-special thanks goes to Tom for his generocity, too!

      Great bunch.

      Les
    • Meowmie RB
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 1, 2005
        ROFL...That's what I guessed a long time ago...don't think it is correct
        since I haven't heard anything.

        Must be missing something here.....

        Louise
        Eberhart
        ;-)

        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 1, 2005
          SORRY

        • lizrg@aol.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 1, 2005
            I will give you a clue
            Jim Anderson worked for the C------r insurance company

            George

          • lizrg@aol.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 2, 2005
              Close but no cigar.

              George

            • lizrg@aol.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 15, 2005
                Remember I said NOT A REGULAR

                George

              • otrwv
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 23, 2005
                  You are reffering to Mr Wimple on Fibber McGee and Molly.

                  Rick
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 23, 2005
                    Yep, you're right. Was it "sweety-pie"? I'll have to listen to both
                    shows. I love that voice though.. I wonder if it was the same actor
                    that did the voice of Droopy. I think a lot of radio actors did
                    cartoon voices also. I'me heard Gildersleeve in a few Bugs Bunny
                    cartoons.

                    --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "otrwv" <otr_1@c...> wrote:
                    > You are reffering to Mr Wimple on Fibber McGee and Molly.
                    >
                    > Rick

                    Service.

                  • L. M. Withers
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 23, 2005
                      Actually, Wallace Wimple always referred to his spouse as "Sweetie face...my
                      big old fat wife..."
                      Wimple was voiced by Bill Thompson, who did indeed do the voice of Droopy in
                      those MGM cartoons.
                      Thompson was also heard as several other characters on Fibber McGee and
                      Molly, most notably
                      "The Old Timer," whose name was finally revealed to be Rupert Blasingame. He
                      was always
                      calling Molly "daughter" and Fibber, for some unexplained reason, "Johnny."

                      FM&M still stands as one of the more consistently funny comedies from
                      radio's golden age.

                      Lee W. here.
                    • Steven Prange
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 23, 2005
                        I think it was actually just, "My big....old....wife."

                        Steve

                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 23, 2005
                          No, he did occasionally throw in "fat" in his description of Sweetie
                          Face...along with some other
                          uncomplimentary terms.

                          Lee again.
                        • Steven Prange
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 23, 2005
                            I'm sorry....there are so many episodes to listen to I'll probably never hear them all....although I haven't heard a bad one yet. :-)

                            Steve

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 22, 2006
                              Glenn, send me your address & I will send you the discs.

                              George

                            • Glen Zeigler
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 23, 2006
                                George, Appreciate it, my mailing address is Glen Zeigler, PO Box 131,
                                Butler, TN 37640 thanks a million. glen