Re: [OTRMP3] Distros coming

  • Jeeper One Radio
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi everyone:

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Rick Roberts" <rickrob@...>
      To: <oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 10:12 PM
      Subject: [OTRMP3] Distros coming

      > Many of you may also want to join this group...

      As much as I'd like to join that group, I can't because apparently Sipsey
      has done something to make it IMPOSSIBLE to access the group page so I *can*
      join.

      I'll try via email though.....

      JFYI...

      Cheers for now & 73 everyone :-)

      Patrick Cook
      Jeeper One Radio Network (NOW ON THE AIR @
      http://www.live365.com/stations/kpdc/ )
      Jeeper One Television Network (NOW ON THE AIR IN 96K VP6/MP3 NSV)
      Denver, Colorado
      http://www.qsl.net/kb0oxd/radio/
      http://jeeperone.winamptv.net/
    • Tom Bush
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
        Rick,
        Please do the distros here also. I will be the 1st in line. Dick was a true friend of all of us.
        Tom Bush
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
          would be nice if one could at least get there to join all i get is sorry you
          are not allowed access.

          tasseau_M

          > Many of you may also want to join this group...

          > Below is the message I just posted there....don't leave this group
          > tho as I may do some of them here.
          >
          > Rick
          >
          > Hi folks
          >

          > Many of you may know me by Sipseywilderness...others just by
          > Rick....Wanted to share with you some info.
          >
          > Dick Newitt also known as Dick777 was one of the otronmp3 mother
          > groups main members. He did more than anyone I know to help others in
          > their otr collection. By trading and Streambeaming thousands of shows
          > for anyone who asked for them. A kinder and gentler soul never
          > existed than Dick. We lost him awhile back and I personally still
          > feel the loss. The good news ...that Dick...I think would like you
          > all to know is that his family has sent me all of his collection. I
          > will do my best to do a distro of all of them. On dial up so
          > uploading to Streamload is not an option. Just recieved the 80 or 80
          > lbs of cds on mp3 this week and have yet to get started sorting them
          > out. So be patient. Hope everyone is excited by this. A major event!
          >
          > Sispey
          >

          > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
          unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:

          > But we'll miss you.
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Rick Roberts
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
            I'm just a member of the group not the moderator so there is nothing
            I could do to make it that way. I may have jumped the gun by posting
            here. Didn't realize it was a closed group. I'll ask the qwner of the
            group about it and let yall know.

            Sipsey

            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Jeeper One Radio"

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
              Tom

              I'll probably do them on the other group since its devoted to distros
              only. Send me an email and I'll ask Patrick to let you in since I
              know you. Hopefully someone who is a member of that group and this
              one also will do the honors of getting in on the distros and then
              doing them theirselves here in this group...multiple groups are going
              to be too much for me since this is such a huge project. Maybe a
              volenteer????

              Rick

              --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Bush"
              <hotrodsnotr@c...> wrote:
              > Rick,
              > Please do the distros here also. I will be the 1st in line. Dick
              was a true friend of all of us.
              > Tom Bush

              Service.

            • jim.mowery
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
                Rick,

                I did not know the man of whom you speak, But if his family saw the joy he
                received from spreading the word about Old Time radio to others to the point
                of wanting to continuing to share that excitement for his hobby. Then I
                would be honored to help keep Dick’s memory alive and do what ever you feel
                would be helpful.

                Please let me know how I could help.

                Jim

                <hotrodsnotr@c...> wrote:
                > Rick,
                > Please do the distros here also. I will be the 1st in line. Dick
                was a true friend of all of us.
                > Tom Bush

                Service.

                If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
                unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129b54krd/M=273541.4247506.5496806.4139299/D=gr
                oups/S=1705851308:HM/EXP=1096773791/A=2061551/R=0/SIG=11sr5b9n1/*http://laun
                ch.yahoo.com/artist/videos.asp?artistID=1001301>

                _____

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Rick Roberts
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
                  Jim

                  My hands are tied...as I'm neither the owner or the moderator of the
                  group I mentioned I can't let you in and since I don't know you I
                  can't reccomend you to the moderator for membership. I remember how
                  it felt when I was in your shoes but don't have an answer either. Can
                  anyone help Jim out and get him in the otr distro group? I commend
                  you on your wanting to help...thats what we need.

                  Sipsey

                  --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "jim.mowery"
                  <jim.mowery@s...> wrote:
                  > Rick,
                  >
                  > I did not know the man of whom you speak, But if his family saw the
                  joy he
                  > received from spreading the word about Old Time radio to others to
                  the point
                  > of wanting to continuing to share that excitement for his hobby.
                  Then I
                  > would be honored to help keep Dick's memory alive and do what ever
                  you feel
                  > would be helpful.
                  >
                  > Please let me know how I could help.
                  >
                  > Jim

                  subject=Unsubscribe>

                  of

                • Jeeper One Radio
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 1, 2004
                    Hi everyone:

                    > I'll probably do them on the other group since its devoted to distros
                    > only. Send me an email and I'll ask Patrick to let you in since I
                    > know you.

                    Which Patrick are you referring to Rick?

                    Just curious.... :-)

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 2, 2004
                      Patrick Belanger

                    • n0wjh@wmconnect.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 2, 2004
                        just wondering how many know whats 73 ,73s mean terry N0WJH