Probably already answered questions from a new user

  • Mark Kline
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4 11:33 PM
      Hi,

      I am new to collecting old radio shows. I have gotten
      a few from Radio Spirits, and this is what sparked my
      interest.

      I am planning on checking out the sites mentioned in
      the emails I have gotten via email. Things I have
      noticed is many times there seem to be a catch 22. You
      can�t trade unless you already have a selection of
      shows. But you can�t build your collection unless you
      trade.

      Another thing is I have gone to a few sites besides
      radio spirits, and I have submitted questions. One
      site in particular made me submit a phone number
      before I could ask a question. I could just submit an
      order for shows and not ask any questions. But I am
      extremely wary of giving personal information out to
      someone I don�t know. I am willing to send out a money
      order to an address AFTER a few emails to a real
      person.

      Well this is sort of an introductory message, and
      right now I am looking for shows like The Shadow and
      The Whistler, or any shows like these two.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • dal3856
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5 8:23 AM
        Some of the sites linked from

        http://users2.ev1.net/~ey/audio.html

        have free downloads. You can also build a collection with free
        downloads from the OTR binary newsgroups.

        alt.binaries.sound.radio.oldtime
        alt.binaries.sounds.radio.oldtime
        alt.binaries.sounds.radio.oldtime.highspeed
        alt.binaries.sounds.radio.cbsrmt

        There is a tutorial with screenshots for Power-Grab, a freeware
        binary newsreader, in the files section of this group. Tutorials for
        more newsreaders are available at

        http://www.help4newbies.fsnet.co.uk/

        dal3856

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Mark Kline <anchemp@y...>