Re: [OTRMP3] Re: new member, vcds

  • Suzie Stevick
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
      Thanks for everyone's help!
      I'll let you know how it turns out.
      :))))

      --- raugost <raugost@...> wrote:
      > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Suzie
      > Stevick
      > <kcivets@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > I was in on a Laurel/Hardy vcd distro last
      > year...got
      > > the discs, but never could figure out how to play
      > them
      > > anywhere...would love a tutorial on that! :)))
      > > signed,
      > > harried and vcd inept
      >
      > The way I play them is open Microsoft Media Player
      > (I think I have
      > version 5 or 6, but not 100% sure), select Files ->
      > Open
      > When the select file window comes up, go to the VCD
      > CD, and find the
      > very large file that has AVI in the title (sorry, I
      > think it's in a
      > directory called DATA, but don't remember exactly).
      >

      > Then it plays. You may want to take the option to
      > play full screen.
      >
      > Good luck.
      >
      > Tom A.

    • fkinict
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
        Windows Media Player more often than not, especially v5-7 does not
        contain the .avi (mpeg4 codec). If you are using older than WMP-8
        then you need to find the mpeg4 codec for media player (microsoft
        does not offer the codec). If you use p2p file sharing, search in
        software for "mpeg4 codec" & download the one for win media
        player...be sure to scan for viruses.

        Probably, the easier method is to download the divx player from
        divx.com (free). That is my freferred choice for vcd's, as
        most .avi files one has access to especially in p2p networks is
        written in divx format.

        A good example is the "Twilight Zone" .avi files smaller than 150mb
        on p2p networks can ONLY be played with divx player.
      • Larry
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
          For those looking for codecs to cover all your bases, I've found
          that the SLD Codec Pack is superior to most I've found on the net.
          It's easy to install, has never caused any conflicts for me, and it
          even includes Zoom Player, a superb DVD/Divx (and all other
          formats) media player (and yes, it will play *anything*). You can
          get the codec pack here:

          http://www.skynet4ever.tk/

          Contents:

          DVD player (Zoom Player. Newest version can be downloaded here,
          separately: www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml)
          Mp3 encoder with Media Player
          Professional Mp3 codec
          DivX (all versions)
          Playback old divx ( format Divx ;-) Audio )
          Play / compress WMA
          Play Mpeg-2
          Play AC-3
          Play Ogg Vorbis & Xvid format
          Play / compress Microsoft MPEG-4 Version 1,2,3

          Best regards,

          Larry mailto:Kurgan@...