TheThree Investigators

  • faerie castle
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2003
      (Pardon the cross-posting, but I wanted to cover as much space as possible!)
      A few decades ago (the 70s, maybe?) there was a series of teen books called
      Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators. It was in the genre of Nancy
      Drew/Hardy Boys. Seems that Random House re-published them back in the 80s
      or 90s. I am writing here because I found 2 stories on mp3 - The Secret of
      Terror Castle, and The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot. Download for them
      is at http://www.tunneltwo.com/workshop/audio.html.

      I am writing to see if any of you have other of these Three Investigators
      stories on mp3? I would love to have others! I have not listened to these
      two yet, but they certainly look like Nancy Drew sort of stories! I've been
      told these books were even better than the Hardy Boys!

      faerie

      Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
      FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com
    • Matt Grimes
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
        I read those books when I was a boy. Still have them in fact. Was not
        aware they were ever put on the radio.

        You are correct in that they are the same genre as the Hardy Boys/Nancy
        Drew. I read all the Hardy Boys and some of the Nancy Drew. The
        biggest difference was that the Three Investigators were younger and
        limited to bicyles and the occasional use of the Rolls Royce they won in
        a contest. As I recall I have 13 titles in the series. The ones you
        listed were #1 and #2 if I remember correctly.

        I am travelling this week but when I get home I will download the two
        shows you posted and see how they compare to the books.

        Thanks for posting the links,

        Matt

        faerie castle wrote:

        >(Pardon the cross-posting, but I wanted to cover as much space as possible!)
        >A few decades ago (the 70s, maybe?) there was a series of teen books called
        >Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators. It was in the genre of Nancy
        >Drew/Hardy Boys.

        <snip>
      • Belinda
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
          I don't have MP3's and didn't know they were done on audio tapes! If you get
          any please let me know. My boys loved these books. I wouldn't say they were
          better than Hardy Boys. Not as long or indepth but very good on their own
          merit!

          Belinda