RE: [OTRMP3] Recording streamed audio - best software ?

  • Sabrina
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
      HI Becky

      I user Super Mp3 Recorder Professional to record streamed audio and have had
      some great results recording stories from my son. You can check it out at
      http://www.supermp3recorder.com/index.htm

      Enjoy

      Sabrina

    • Charles Cutting
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2003
        G'Day Phil

        Try the freeware program CDex :

        http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

        To quote : "Support for many file formats/audio encoders
        (WAV, MP3, OGG, VQF, APE, etc) - Support for recording
        from the analog input line".

        I don't record streaming audio myself, but a quick test
        with CDex using Winamp as the streaming player, a
        SoundBlaster card using Wav In as the recording device
        and outputting to a mp3 file, works well. Note that the
        encoding options in CDex are very extensive, so you
        should be able to get any output format or quality you
        want.
        Oddly enough the main purpose of this program is to rip
        CD tracks!.

        Regards
        Charles Cutting

        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "phiwinuk" <groups@p...>
        wrote:
        > Hello
        >
        > I think there have been a few comments along this line before but
        I'd