For those of you who are interested in Unshackled programs

  • Becky Petersen
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hello,

      It's been a while now since we talked about Christian programming, but for
      those of you who want Unshackled, they are now offering free mp3 downloads
      at their archives site.

      It sure beats listening with RA and recording with Sound Forge!

      The web site is

      http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/unshackled/Archives.asp

      Enjoy!
      Becky Petersen

    • rosemary mccarthy
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
        Becky, thank you for the "unshackled" web site. I will surly listen. I was wondering if you would know of any mp3 cds that are for sale of Joyce Meyer's ministeries. I have purchased several of her tapes, but can't afford to continue to do so. I was diagnosed with cancer about two months ago and have recently started chem to be followed by radiation. I have had to leave my job for the next six months so things will be very tight to say the least. Any help is appreciated as these two programs have been with me for a long time and given me courage. thanks rose mcc
        Becky Petersen <Becky@...> wrote:Hello,

        It's been a while now since we talked about Christian programming, but for
        those of you who want Unshackled, they are now offering free mp3 downloads
        at their archives site.

        It sure beats listening with RA and recording with Sound Forge!

        The web site is

        http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/unshackled/Archives.asp

        Enjoy!
        Becky Petersen

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Buddy Love
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
          i would encourage you to find out about the hallejuah diet

          they have seen mamy cancer miracles by changing eating habits

          its worth a look

          and i m so sorry about your overwhelming burden
[...]

          If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
          unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
            I really don't know anything about Joyce Meyer ministries. Sorry...I wish I
            could help you. There is a sermon audio place that you can download free
            sermons...one at a time unless you pay (but they don't know about GetRight
            and I've downloaded as many as my line can do without paying by using
            Getright.) :) (they used to be free, and then they went to no downloading
            unless you paid, and they probably lost almost everyone and then they
            decided to let you download one at a time, or listen live to as many as you
            wanted. Now the only people who pay are the ones who put sermons up there.

            That link is www.sermonaudio.com
            and there is more there than you could possibly ever listen to, on any
            topic your heart desires.

            Becky

            At 05:31 AM 4/1/2003 -0800, you wrote:

            >Becky, thank you for the "unshackled" web site. I will surly listen. I
            >was wondering if you would know of any mp3 cds that are for sale of Joyce
            >Meyer's ministeries. I have purchased several of her tapes, but can't
            >afford to continue to do so. I was diagnosed with cancer about two months
            >ago and have recently started chem to be followed by radiation. I have
            >had to leave my job for the next six months so things will be very tight
            >to say the least. Any help is appreciated as these two programs have been
            >with me for a long time and given me courage. thanks rose mcc
            >Becky Petersen <Becky@...> wrote:Hello,
            >
            >It's been a while now since we talked about Christian programming, but for
            >those of you who want Unshackled, they are now offering free mp3 downloads
            >at their archives site.
            >
            >It sure beats listening with RA and recording with Sound Forge!
            >
            >The web site is
            >
            ><http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/unshackled/Archives.asp>http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/unshackled/Archives.asp
            >
            >Enjoy!
            >Becky Petersen

            >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
            >
            >If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
            >unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
            >
            >But we'll miss you.

            >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705851308:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_06F/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>17c4c7.jpg
            >
            >17c515.jpg
            >
            >If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
            >unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
            >
            >But we'll miss you.

          • Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
              At 03:56 PM 4/1/2003 +0200, you wrote:
              >I really don't know anything about Joyce Meyer ministries. Sorry...I wish I
              >could help you. There is a sermon audio place that you can download free
              >sermons...one at a time unless you pay (but they don't know about GetRight
              >and I've downloaded as many as my line can do without paying by using
              >Getright.) :) (they used to be free, and then they went to no downloading
              >unless you paid, and they probably lost almost everyone and then they
              >decided to let you download one at a time, or listen live to as many as you
              >wanted. Now the only people who pay are the ones who put sermons up there.
              >
              >That link is www.sermonaudio.com
              > and there is more there than you could possibly ever listen to, on any
              >topic your heart desires.
              >
              >Becky

              Joyce Meyer isn't there nor is any other "Charismatic" preacher.

              Couple of guy's give away free cassettes & they are both Full Gospel like
              Joyce.

              Duane Sheriff 4 tapes per week.

              http://www.dsheriff.org/index3.htm

              Andrew Wommack 3 tapes per week.

              www.awmi.net
            • raugost
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
                --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Becky Petersen <Becky@s...>
                wrote:
                > Hello,
                >
                > It's been a while now since we talked about Christian programming,
                but for
                > those of you who want Unshackled, they are now offering free mp3
                downloads
                > at their archives site.

                Besides being Christian, what are the shows like/about?

                > The web site is
                > http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/unshackled/Archives.asp
                >
                > Enjoy!
                > Becky Petersen
              • Becky Petersen
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
                  These shows are biographies of real people, whose lives were messed
                  up--drugs, alcohol, trouble with the law, and how God changed them. They
                  are well done and this program has been running since 1950.

                  Becky

                • raugost
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
                    wrote:
                    > These shows are biographies of real people, whose lives were messed
                    > up--drugs, alcohol, trouble with the law, and how God changed them.
                    They
                    > are well done and this program has been running since 1950.
                    >
                    > Becky

                    Thank you.

                    BTW, does anyone know if the "Radio Replies" of Fathers Rumble and
                    Carty are extant? IIRC that show was 30's and 40's.

                    Tom A.
                    I've got the whole world
                    In my hands! - John, 3 yr old Megalomaniac
                  • Shush
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
                      --- raugost <raugost@...> wrote:

                      > Besides being Christian, what are the shows
                      > like/about?

                      Back in the '80s, I used to listen sometimes to a
                      Christian radio station in San Diego. "Unshackled" was
                      the best thing they aired. It was a 30-minute drama,
                      in which a narrator told his life story. Usually these
                      were stories about people's lives going in a downward
                      spiral, often ending up on skid row. Then, there's a
                      religious awakening, often through the auspices of
                      Chicago's Old Lighthouse mission, which sponsored the
                      show. The stories ended with the narrator telling how
                      he's turned his life around, or was at least making
                      some progress. It was good stuff... wish I'd been
                      taping those.

                      I understand that many people don't care for
                      religious programming, but in my opinion "Unshackled"
                      was just good solid radio drama. If you like "Family
                      Theater," you'll probably like "Unshackled" more.

                      --Shush--

                      =====
                      "Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations... entangling alliances with none."

                      --- Thomas Jefferson

                      http://platinum.yahoo.com
                    • shadow0421
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
                        Becky, thanks for the info. Just recently, I was thinking how great
                        it would be to start downloading "Unshackled" episodes. I don't know
                        if you listen to J. Vernon Mcgee, but I download his "Thru The Bible"
                        programs and his sunday sermons. Another christian radio program I
                        would love to download is "Ranger Bill". I have some episodes that I
                        recorded on tape, but my radio stations don't play it anymore. I
                        emailed Moody Bible Institute and they said they don't even produce
                        tapes that you can buy. "Ranger Bill" reminds me of the "Mark Trail"
                        radio series.

                        -Bob

                        wrote:
                        > Hello,
                        >
                        > It's been a while now since we talked about Christian programming,
                        but for
                        > those of you who want Unshackled, they are now offering free mp3
                        downloads
                        > at their archives site.
                        >
                        > It sure beats listening with RA and recording with Sound Forge!
                        >
                        > The web site is
                        >
                        > http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/unshackled/Archives.asp
                        >
                        > Enjoy!
                        > Becky Petersen

                      • Becky Petersen
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
                          Bob,

                          Guess what? While we were on furlough Jan.-March we stayed with a pastor's
                          family who had a boxload of Ranger Bills. I was so excited. They gave them
                          to me, and I encoded them while in Florida. (We're in
                          Poland...missionaries.) I've written the head of the Ranger Bill fan club
                          and he's in the midst of a big trade with someone who has over 200 shows.
                          I've gotten quite a few...3 cds worth, in fact.

                          So, if you will write me privately, I'll send you one copy of the 3 Ranger
                          Bill disks that I have with mp3s on them. Hopefully, by the end of the
                          year, I'll have more, but this is a collection "in progress" as I find more
                          and more people who have them from recording them off the radio. I know
                          that Moody doesn't offer very many for sale and I asked about encoding them
                          and offering them to people, and the guy in charge wrote me back and asked
                          for more details. In short, he told me, "do it and don't tell me about it"
                          (officially).

                          : ) So, I've been sharing with my friends here in Poland (mostly American
                          missionaries) and they are grateful. I've found quite a few Ranger Bill
                          fans. Do a search in Google for Ranger Bill fan club and you will find
                          some more people.

                          Becky
                          Becky

                          At 01:40 AM 4/2/2003 +0000, you wrote:
                          >Becky, thanks for the info. Just recently, I was thinking how great
                          >it would be to start downloading "Unshackled" episodes. I don't know
                          >if you listen to J. Vernon Mcgee, but I download his "Thru The Bible"
                          >programs and his sunday sermons. Another christian radio program I
                          >would love to download is "Ranger Bill". I have some episodes that I
                          >recorded on tape, but my radio stations don't play it anymore. I
                          >emailed Moody Bible Institute and they said they don't even produce
                          >tapes that you can buy. "Ranger Bill" reminds me of the "Mark Trail"
                          >radio series.
                          >
                          >-Bob

                          >-- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Becky Petersen <Becky@s...>
                          >wrote:
                          > > Hello,
                          > >
                          > > It's been a while now since we talked about Christian programming,
                          >but for
                          > > those of you who want Unshackled, they are now offering free mp3
                          >downloads
                          > > at their archives site.
                          > >
                          > > It sure beats listening with RA and recording with Sound Forge!
                          > >
                          > > The web site is
                          > >

                          > <http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/unshackled/Archives.asp>http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/unshackled/Archives.asp
                          > >
                          > > Enjoy!
                          > > Becky Petersen

                          >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                          ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705851308:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_06F/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>14f720.jpg
                          >
                          >14f77e.jpg
                          >
                          >If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
                          >unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
                          >
                          >But we'll miss you.

                        • Becky Petersen
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 1, 2003
                            > I don't know
                            >if you listen to J. Vernon Mcgee, but I download his "Thru The Bible"
                            >programs and his sunday sermons.

                            I'm currently recording daily the J. Vernon McGee in Polish, and asked them
                            if I could put them on my web site as a Polish archives. They said no
                            problem, and thanks for asking.

                            Becky