OT...Sort of...The New Lone Ranger TV Program

  • sneaky green
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 27 6:47 AM
      Hi all,

      Saw this in the newspaper and thought you people might
      be interested in reading it too.

      See attachment!

      -SGA

    • sneaky green
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 27 6:55 AM
        Didnt go through...hahaha

        Click this link instead...

        http://members.cox.net/oldtimeradio/new_lone_ranger_tv_program.jpg

        -SGA

        --- sneaky green <sneakygreenalien@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > Saw this in the newspaper and thought you people
        > might
        > be interested in reading it too.
        >
        > See attachment!
        >
        > -SGA

        > removed]

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Brian Longstaff
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 27 7:06 AM
          No attachments allowed on this list. It prevents viruses being sent.

          Brian L

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 27 3:24 PM
            Is nothing sacred?
            Vince

          • jconn0403 <jconn0403@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 28 6:58 AM
              Somebody should sue somebody
            • Noctaire
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 28 7:10 AM
                I am debating setting up an FTP site. Over the last couple of months, I've
                put together about 90 gigs of OTR MP3s, mostly from the newsgroups and
                downloads at other FTP sites. I'm not sure how the load would play out on
                the server however so I wanted to run a few tests. If all goes well, I'll
                be working on it over the weekend -- could probably start testing next week.

                Anybuddy interested?

                Noc
              • jconn0403 <jconn0403@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 28 7:50 AM
                  He played the Ranger in that crappy movie back in 1981.
                  It made him a big star!!!
                • rfadale
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 28 2:27 PM
                    Sounds like a great idea. We could use more ftp sites.
                  • sneaky green
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 28 2:35 PM
                      Hi Noc,

                      Sounds like a very generous idea. You might also
                      consider parking yourself in the otr hub. If you
                      haven't tried it yet you outta. At present there are
                      usually around 25 people in the hub. They/we could
                      sure use another person. I highly recommend it. If you
                      decide you dont like it for some reason you can always
                      fall back on the ftp idea.

                      -SGA

                      --- Noctaire <noctaire@...> wrote:
                      > I am debating setting up an FTP site. Over the last
                      > couple of months, I've
                      > put together about 90 gigs of OTR MP3s, mostly from
                      > the newsgroups and
                      > downloads at other FTP sites. I'm not sure how the
                      > load would play out on
                      > the server however so I wanted to run a few tests.
                      > If all goes well, I'll
                      > be working on it over the weekend -- could probably
                      > start testing next week.
                      >
                      > Anybuddy interested?
                      >
                      > Noc

                      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                    • barryem
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 28 3:58 PM
                        --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Vincente Tobias
                        <vincente_ca@y...> wrote:
                        > Is nothing sacred?

                        Pretty bad.

                        We all know Tonto wasn't an American Indian, he was an Injun. And
                        the Lone Ranger has 2 relationships; with Tonto and Silver. And if
                        there was any romance involved they kept it off the air and in the
                        closet where it belonged.

                        "Tonto" is Spanish for "stupid". Does making Mr Stupid seem more
                        like a real American Indian seem politically correct? I think
                        they're missing something.

                        Living in the country and not having cable or satelite I probably
                        wont be able to see this show but if, perchance, I do get to see it
                        you can be sure I'll be booing even if I like it. Just on principle.

                        Barry
                      • Vincente Tobias
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 28 6:13 PM
                          Well, all that is pretty meaningless when you are 10
                          years old, and aren't we really just 10 years old when
                          we are doing things like watching or listening to the
                          Lone Ranger? I know I am. But then, that pretty
                          well goes for most everything I do. LOL
                          Vince

                          --- barryem <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > ---
                          In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Vincente
                          > Tobias
                          > <vincente_ca@y...> wrote:
                          > > Is nothing sacred?
                          >
                          > Pretty bad.
                          >
                          > We all know Tonto wasn't an American Indian, he was
                          > an Injun. And
                          > the Lone Ranger has 2 relationships; with Tonto and
                          > Silver. And if
                          > there was any romance involved they kept it off the
                          > air and in the
                          > closet where it belonged.
                          >
                          > "Tonto" is Spanish for "stupid". Does making Mr
                          > Stupid seem more
                          > like a real American Indian seem politically
                          > correct? I think
                          > they're missing something.
                          >
                          > Living in the country and not having cable or
                          > satelite I probably
                          > wont be able to see this show but if, perchance, I
                          > do get to see it
                          > you can be sure I'll be booing even if I like it.
                          > Just on principle.
                          >
                          > Barry

                        • zosozulu
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 28 9:55 PM
                            I'm interested! FTP's are always nice.. even on my slow dial-up
                            connection.

                            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Noctaire"

                          • Steve Elledge <steveelledge1@yahoo.com>
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 1, 2003