Columbia Disaster Coverage

  • pdonahue1@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      Good afternoon everyone,

      About an hour ago in my cab ride home from the grocery store I learned
      of the loss of the Space Shuttle Columbia during her reentry for landing.
      This is certainly another sad day for our nation and our space program, but
      one we'll emerge from stronger and with greater ability to go in to space
      and to return safely to Earth based on the lessons learned from this
      horrific disaster. I'm curious to know if anyone is recording any of the
      news coverage of this tragic event. I'm sure there will be plenty of
      coverage as the investigation unfolds, and as folks reconcile what happened
      and come to grips with their feelings and grief over this great loss. This
      coverage will be vintage old-time radio and T.V. coverage in the future.
      Just thought I would see if anyone is recording it in order for future
      generations to relive this historical event, and to share in the lessons
      learned from it.

      Mary and I want to send our prayers and thoughts to everyone concerned,
      the loved ones of the astronauts, and all those effected by this tragedy.
      Take care everyone, and may the conquest of space move forward in the years
      ahead.

      Peter Donahue