The Saint

  • collectionantiqueduquebec@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 2, 2003
      Hi

      I try to find these episodes from The Saint starring Vincent Price to complete my collection.

      The Cake That Killed, (Case of the Missing Cake; Purloined Pastry)

      A Gangster District Attorney, (Mr. Important)

      Horrible Hamburger (The Mislaid Corpse)

      Ladies Never Lie -- Much (Early Confession; The Alive Dead Husband)

      Miss Godby's School for Girls (The Kidnapped Daughter)

      Reflection on Murder (Murder in the Theater)

      Strange Bedfellows (The Mayor's Son)

      If any of you have them can you send them to me via streamload please ? My id is: collectionantiqueduquebec

      Thanks !!!

    • Jean Layette <collectionantiqueduquebec@
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 26, 2003
        Hi

        I try for a couple of weeks now to find those 3 episodes to complete
        The Saint Collection and i found nothing so far :(

        1 - A Gangster District Attorney - aka: Mr. Important - 10/15/47 -
        Starring Vincent Price

        2 - Horrible Hamburger - aka: The Mislaid Corpse - 9/10/50 - Starring
        Vincent Price

        3 - The Saint Close The Cases - 11/09/1995 - Starring Paul Rhys.

        If you have them please send it to me via my account to Streamload or
        send me an e-mail to make a trade. Thank You !!!

        When i have the complete set i will be able to put it on the share
        and trade list, so everyone will enjoy these show like i do.

        Streamload ID: collectionantiqueduquebec

        Jean Layette
        Montreal Quebec
      • sneaky green
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 27, 2003
          Hi Jean,

          I dont have those episodes your looking for. I have
          all the Saint files except those your looking for. You
          might have a prob in aquiring those files your looking
          for. Good luck in finding them...I really mean that.
          If you find them mail me ;)

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • collectionantiqueduquebec@sympatico.ca
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 17, 2003
            Hi

            Thanks to Mike Phillips (a member of our great group) who just send me The Saint episode "The Horrible Hamburger", I now have 53 of the 55 episodes in the collection :)

            Todd Hobeck (another fine lad from our group) have send me an incomplete episodes of "A Gangster District Attorney" without knowing it :( Since that time he start a research to help me find a complete episodes.

            Now i ask again to the member of this list if they can help me track down the last 2 episodes i need to complete the serie.

            "A Gangster District Attorney" w/Vincent Price 47/10/15
            "The Saint Close The Cases" w/Paul Rhys 47/11/09

            Whats funny about those 2 episodes is that they are the first and the last episodes availlable in the entire serie.

            I know the episodes with Paul Rhys is availlable somewhere on the net with the use of a 100 MB of free download, but i dont remember where it is :( maybe "The Digital Deli Online" i think. I got a free trial 100mb and i dowload the 2 first episodes with paul rhys but when it was time to download the 3 episode i did not have enough download credit left to have it :(

            Maybe someone can register to this web site and check for me if it's the place where the episodes is ?

            Thanks for your time
          • Jim Wood
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 18, 2003
              The Saint Closes the Case is indeed on the Digital Deli. I am downloading it
              now and will upload it to Streamload this afternoon when I get back home.

              Jim

[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
              unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:

            • collectionantiqueduquebec@sympatico.ca
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 18, 2003
                Hi Jim

                Did you get the episodes of the saint ?

                My streamload id is: collectionantiqueduquebec

                Thanks Again

                > De: "Jim Wood" <otr@...>
                > Date: 2003/02/18 mar. AM 06:46:35 EST
                > À: <oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com>
                > Subject: RE: [OTRMP3] The Saint

                Jean Layette
                Montreal, Quebec

                Web Site - Old Time Radio Show - The Saint - Starring Vincent Price
                http://www3.sympatico.ca/collectionantiqueduquebec/thesaint.html

                Web Site - Old Time Radio Show - The Master Of Horror
                http://www3.sympatico.ca/collectionantiqueduquebec/otrthemasterofhorror.html

                Web Site - Van Helsing Diary - A Hammer Horror Film Tribute
                http://membres.lycos.fr/hammerhorror/

                Web Site - Dossier Liquefasc - French Dime Novel
                http://membres.lycos.fr/liquefasc/

                Web Site - Les Belles Histoires Des Pays D'en Haut
                http://membres.lycos.fr/lespaysdenhaut/

              • Jim Wood
                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 19, 2003
                  "The Saint Closes the Case" should be in your inbox.

                  Jim

                  My streamload id is: collectionantiqueduquebec

                  Thanks Again

                  > De: "Jim Wood" <otr@...>
                  > Date: 2003/02/18 mar. AM 06:46:35 EST
                  > À: <oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com>
                  > Subject: RE: [OTRMP3] The Saint

                  Jean Layette
                  Montreal, Quebec

                  Web Site - Old Time Radio Show - The Saint - Starring Vincent Price
                  http://www3.sympatico.ca/collectionantiqueduquebec/thesaint.html

                  Web Site - Old Time Radio Show - The Master Of Horror

                  http://www3.sympatico.ca/collectionantiqueduquebec/otrthemasterofhorror.html

                  Web Site - Van Helsing Diary - A Hammer Horror Film Tribute
                  http://membres.lycos.fr/hammerhorror/

                  Web Site - Dossier Liquefasc - French Dime Novel
                  http://membres.lycos.fr/liquefasc/

                  Web Site - Les Belles Histoires Des Pays D'en Haut
                  http://membres.lycos.fr/lespaysdenhaut/

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
                  unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:

                • JNJ
                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 19, 2003
                    > "The Saint Closes the Case" should be in your inbox.

                    ?? Jim, I looked for both of those episodes on DigitalDeli and could not
                    find them -- where were they????

                    Noc
                  • Jim Wood
                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 19, 2003
                      It was in the BBC section of "The Saint". William has quite a few programs
                      listed using the word "The" in the title, so it was under the "T"s rather
                      than the "S"s

                      Jim

                      Message 10 of 22 , Feb 21, 2003
                        Hi everyone

                        Since i post my complete set of The adventures of The Saint, i receive 83 message telling me someone want my serie :) I will send a complete set to everyone as soon as STREAMLOAD finish is long upgrade :(

                        So just be patient please i can't do it until they are finish :( I can't wait too because i have to download 20 episodes out of 21 from the serie The Price Of Fear :) starring Vincent Price.

                        Jean Layette
                        Montreal, Quebec

                        Web Site - Old Time Radio Show - The Saint - Starring Vincent Price
                        http://www3.sympatico.ca/collectionantiqueduquebec/thesaint.html

                        Web Site - Old Time Radio Show - The Master Of Horror
                        http://www3.sympatico.ca/collectionantiqueduquebec/otrthemasterofhorror.html

                        Web Site - Van Helsing Diary - A Hammer Horror Film Tribute
                        http://membres.lycos.fr/hammerhorror/

                        Web Site - Dossier Liquefasc - French Dime Novel
                        http://membres.lycos.fr/liquefasc/

                        Web Site - Les Belles Histoires Des Pays D'en Haut
                        http://membres.lycos.fr/lespaysdenhaut/

                      • Tony Taylor
                        Message 11 of 22 , Feb 21, 2003
                          Is there any chance of a distro with this. As there must be many, who like myself do not have a fast connection to the internet.

                          Tony

                          Message 12 of 22 , Feb 21, 2003
                            That would be much better for me as well. Dial-up doesn't quite get it.

                            Jim

                            Message 13 of 22 , Feb 21, 2003
                              To quote Homer Simpson:

                              "Yes, Yes, Oh God Yes!!!"

                              Me too for shiny mailed disk of saintly sounds....

                              Chester

                              Message 14 of 22 , Feb 21, 2003
                                This is the thing that makes me curious and the thread on the Saint is a
                                good example. To make a distro of this would be relatively simple -- it
                                would one or two CDs (depending on how large the files Jean compiled are),
                                so not too much. So for simple terms, we're talking 2 CDs, a mailer, and
                                postage. So....

                                2 CDs ---- .80
                                Mailer --- .99
                                Postage -- 2.50

                                ...or about $4.50. Toss in an extra 50 cents for gas (which might be low
                                considering the cost of gas these days) so we're at 5 bucks. That doesn't
                                even include anything for the time invested (which can quickly add up when
                                there are several being assembled and mailed).

                                Yet when someone mentions paying $5 for a distro, there is clear dissent on
                                the list and argument that it is unreasonable to charge so much.

                                So I wonder -- Would $5 a set be reasonable to the list members to get a
                                distro of this mailed to them?

                                Noc
                              • Mike Phillips
                                Message 15 of 22 , Feb 21, 2003
                                  I suggest that instead of a distribution that might put us in violation of the TOS that people just do some old fashion trading.
                                  Just more of my thoughts.
                                  I don't want to lose this group due to people taking money for something.

                                  Mike

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Feb 21, 2003
                                    Hey Gang

                                    I did not complete the serie of the saint for having someone selling it :( I want everyone to have a set for free, i think it's clear enough :( I can't burn the set myself because i dont have a burner :(

                                    So if you want to burn a set, please distribute it for free :)

                                  • Chester Cannon
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Feb 22, 2003
                                      Mike, the other groups I'm in do distros all the time and no one's ever said a thing about it...maybe because we never talk about money. A poll goes up at the yahoo site and those who want the distro sign up. Then everybody sends out one or two copies until everyone signed up has it. Sometimes those at the end are asked to send blanks to some of the people who sent out two sets. Everybody ends up happy.

                                      The biggest drawback to trading is the beginner, who may have nothing to offer but a home-made copy of War of the Worlds from that old two-lp vinyl set that came out 40 years ago...

                                      Chester

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Mar 2, 2003
                                        I don't think my previous note made it. Could some Streamload a copy to
                                        ID: Elmore99

                                        Thanx

                                        Fingers crossed this one makes it..
                                      • ndtim1
                                        Message 19 of 22 , May 22, 2003
                                          I know The Saint distro went through and I didnt get in on that one
                                          either. I have a person that is kind enough to send the Jack Benny
                                          collection but neither he nor I have the Saint. Is anyone out there
                                          willing to send me this set and I will pass it on to the other person
                                          as well.

                                          Just let me know

                                          Thanks

                                          Tim
                                        • oscarfreddy2000
                                          Message 20 of 22 , May 23, 2003
                                            Hi Tim!!
                                            I'd be glad to burn the Saint for both of you and send it out. Do you
                                            think you could burn me a copy of the Jack Benny distro I missed out
                                            on that one!
                                            Thank you
                                            Pam \oscarfreddy2000@...
                                            I hope to hear from you soon
                                            --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "ndtim1" <ndtim@s...>
                                            wrote:
                                            > I know The Saint distro went through and I didnt get in on that one
                                            > either. I have a person that is kind enough to send the Jack Benny
                                            > collection but neither he nor I have the Saint. Is anyone out there
                                            > willing to send me this set and I will pass it on to the other
                                            person
                                            > as well.
                                            >
                                            > Just let me know
                                            >
                                            > Thanks
                                            >
                                            > Tim
                                          • ab.wildrose
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jun 17, 2013
                                              I got hooked on the Saint on old time radio and then the old Saint movies. I recorded the first movie "The Saint in New York" on my PVR from TCM but for some reason it just up and disappeared on me, I know I didn't delete it myself and I'm the only one who use the machine. I've been trying to find a copy of the movie but no luck... Does anyone have a recording that they could copy for me? I will pay for the disk and shipping and any other costs. I hope asking someone to do this isn't wrong, I just don't know where else to look for it.

                                              Thanks,
                                              Diana