Re: [OTRMP3] War of the Worlds

  • Thomas Bush
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2002
      Could I get it streamed to me also????
      username: tombush

      Thanks Tom Bush
    • otrcker
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 31, 2003
        While I'm sure all OTR fans are aware of the 1938 version of WOW,
        there was another version of that show that was broadcast on Halloween
        in 1971 on WKBW in Buffalo. Believe it or not, many people believed
        it to be true as well -- the show included several Buffalo radio
        personalities which also lead to this belief.

        If you don't have either of these episodes, take a look/listen at

        http://209.151.137.58/Cyber49er/otr_gems.asp

        Cheers,
        Ernie a.k.a. otrCker
      • Bill Bird
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 5, 2005
          Hello, I'm looking for the old War of the Worlds broadcast starring
          Orson Welles. I'd love to play this thing outside the house on
          Halloween night to scare the kiddies as much as possible.

          Could someone be good enough to post it on YouSendIt or email it to my
          Streamload Account (billbird2111@...).

          But then again, I have a freeloader account, so I probably won't be
          able to download it. If someone could put it up on yousendit, I'd
          appreciate it.

          Bill
        • Peter
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 5, 2005
            Hi Bill

            It is available for free download at http://www.mercurytheatre.info/

            http://sounds.mercurytheatre.info/mercury/381030.mp3

            Peter

            > Hello, I'm looking for the old War of the Worlds broadcast starring
            > Orson Welles. I'd love to play this thing outside the house on
            > Halloween night to scare the kiddies as much as possible.
            >
            > Could someone be good enough to post it on YouSendIt or email it to my
            > Streamload Account (billbird2111@...).
            >
            > But then again, I have a freeloader account, so I probably won't be
            > able to download it. If someone could put it up on yousendit, I'd
            > appreciate it.
            >
            > Bill
            >

            > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
            > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
            >
            > But we'll miss you.
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • barryem
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 5, 2005
              --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bird"
              <billbird2111@y...> wrote:
              > Hello, I'm looking for the old War of the Worlds broadcast
              starring
              > Orson Welles. I'd love to play this thing outside the house on
              > Halloween night to scare the kiddies as much as possible.
              >
              > Could someone be good enough to post it on YouSendIt or email it
              to my
              > Streamload Account (billbird2111@s...).
              >
              > But then again, I have a freeloader account, so I probably won't
              be
              > able to download it. If someone could put it up on yousendit, I'd
              > appreciate it.

              Nice idea! I'm living in a retirement home and I think I'm going to
              try to do something like this, too. Thanks for thinking of it.

              With that in mind do any of you know what time the original
              broadcast took place? I know it was on Haloween but googling didn't
              find the time of the broadcast.

              Barry
            • Bill Bird
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 5, 2005
                Peter,

                Thank you. This is very helpful. I do appreciate this. However, this is a darn long download, and I'm afraid I don't have a clue as to what a bit torrent file is, nor how to open it and use it for what I want.

                I merely wanted the "Dracula" and "War of the Worlds" broadcasts to scare the heck out of the little kiddies who knock on my door by the thousands each Halloween.

                Any other suggestions? The download time for War of the Worlds alone is seven hours. And, although all the sound files are compressed into one bit torrent file, can those be converted to MP3? How would one do that?

                Peter <homefront@...> wrote:
                Hi Bill

                It is available for free download at http://www.mercurytheatre.info/

                http://sounds.mercurytheatre.info/mercury/381030.mp3

                Peter

                > Hello, I'm looking for the old War of the Worlds broadcast starring
                > Orson Welles. I'd love to play this thing outside the house on
                > Halloween night to scare the kiddies as much as possible.
                >
                > Could someone be good enough to post it on YouSendIt or email it to my
                > Streamload Account (billbird2111@...).
                >
                > But then again, I have a freeloader account, so I probably won't be
                > able to download it. If someone could put it up on yousendit, I'd
                > appreciate it.
                >
                > Bill
                >

                > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
                > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
                >
                > But we'll miss you.
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Old time radio show Old radio shows Radio program Podcasts Trade cds Foul language

              • woody_woodward
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 5, 2005
                  Hi, Barry!
                  Actually, it was brodcast the day before Halloween (10/30/38). I
                  couldn't find the time of broadcast either. But then I remembered it
                  ran in the same time slot as the Chase and Sandborn Hour (Bergen &
                  McCarthy): Sunday 8:00 - 9:00 EST.

                  Woody
                  --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, barryem <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                  > Nice idea! I'm living in a retirement home and I think I'm going to
                  > try to do something like this, too. Thanks for thinking of it.
                  >
                  > With that in mind do any of you know what time the original
                  > broadcast took place? I know it was on Haloween but googling didn't
                  > find the time of the broadcast.
                  >
                  > Barry
                • woody_woodward
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 5, 2005
                    I guess you're on dial-up. You might try downloading the RealAudio
                    file. It's about a quarter the size and available at the same
                    web-site. You might also try a book store. I've seen cassettes and
                    CDs of "War of the Worlds" for $4 or $5.

                    Woody
                    <billbird2111@y...> wrote:
                    > Peter,
                    >
                    > Thank you. This is very helpful. I do appreciate this. However, this
                    is a darn long download, and I'm afraid I don't have a clue as to what
                    a bit torrent file is, nor how to open it and use it for what I want.

                    > I merely wanted the "Dracula" and "War of the Worlds" broadcasts to
                    scare the heck out of the little kiddies who knock on my door by the
                    thousands each Halloween.

                    > Any other suggestions? The download time for War of the Worlds alone
                    is seven hours. And, although all the sound files are compressed into
                    one bit torrent file, can those be converted to MP3? How would one do
                    that?

                    > Peter <homefront@t...> wrote:
                    > Hi Bill
                    >
                    > It is available for free download at http://www.mercurytheatre.info/
                    >
                    > http://sounds.mercurytheatre.info/mercury/381030.mp3
                    >
                    > Peter

                    Service.

                    > ---------------------------------

                  • barryem
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 5, 2005
                      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, woody_woodward
                      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                      > Hi, Barry!
                      > Actually, it was brodcast the day before Halloween (10/30/38). I
                      > couldn't find the time of broadcast either. But then I remembered it
                      > ran in the same time slot as the Chase and Sandborn Hour (Bergen &
                      > McCarthy): Sunday 8:00 - 9:00 EST.

                      Thank you. I've already started promoting the idea here and I'm
                      getting a little interest. It just might turn out to be fun.

                      Barry
                    • woody_woodward
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 26, 2005
                        Bill, I just found something else that might be good to play Halloween
                        night. The One Act Players are making available a 15 minute sound
                        effect recording. Available here:
                        http://www.artistlaunch.com/artist.asp?artistid=4611

                        Rain, thunder, screams, sinister laugh, wolf howl, etc.

                        High bit-rate link (128kpbs, stereo, 14MB):
                        http://www.artistlaunch.com/artists/songs/The_One_Act_Players_-_A_Halloween_Fright_Night.mp3
                        Low bit-rate link (24kbps, mono, 3 MB):
                        http://artistlaunch.com/artists/songs32/The_One_Act_Players_-_A_Halloween_Fright_Night.mp3

                        <billbird2111@y...> wrote:

                        > Hello, I'm looking for the old War of the Worlds broadcast starring
                        > Orson Welles. I'd love to play this thing outside the house on
                        > Halloween night to scare the kiddies as much as possible.
                        >
                        > Could someone be good enough to post it on YouSendIt or email it to my
                        > Streamload Account (billbird2111@s...).
                        >
                        > But then again, I have a freeloader account, so I probably won't be
                        > able to download it. If someone could put it up on yousendit, I'd
                        > appreciate it.
                        >
                        > Bill

                      • Chester Cannon
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 26, 2005
                          You should be able to d/l War of the Worlds here:

                          http://www.mercurytheatre.info/

                          Chester

                          <billbird2111@y...> wrote:

                          > Hello, I'm looking for the old War of the Worlds broadcast starring
                          > Orson Welles. I'd love to play this thing outside the house on
                          > Halloween night to scare the kiddies as much as possible.
                          >
                          > Could someone be good enough to post it on YouSendIt or email it to my
                          > Streamload Account (billbird2111@s...).
                          >
                          > But then again, I have a freeloader account, so I probably won't be
                          > able to download it. If someone could put it up on yousendit, I'd
                          > appreciate it.
                          >
                          > Bill

                          Old time radio show Old radio shows Radio program Podcasts Trade cds Foul language

                        • Phil Ketchum
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 26, 2005
                            Bill: If you still need a copy of War of the Worlds and I'll be glad to send it to you. It's 10.1MB and I don't know how much you can upload to Streamload. Plus you would have to send me your addy at Streamload again.

                            Ketch

                            <billbird2111@y...> wrote:

                            > Hello, I'm looking for the old War of the Worlds broadcast starring
                            > Orson Welles. I'd love to play this thing outside the house on
                            > Halloween night to scare the kiddies as much as possible.
                            >
                            > Could someone be good enough to post it on YouSendIt or email it to my
                            > Streamload Account (billbird2111@s...).
                            >
                            > But then again, I have a freeloader account, so I probably won't be
                            > able to download it. If someone could put it up on yousendit, I'd
                            > appreciate it.
                            >
                            > Bill

                            Old time radio show Old radio shows Radio program Podcasts Trade cds Foul language

                            Old time radio show Old radio shows Radio program Podcasts Trade cds Foul language

                          • Sarah
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 28, 2005
                              Thanks for the link, It was just what I needed to complete my
                              compilation. Try this guy, and click on his links when finished
                              downloading:

                              http://tikitim43.blogspot.com/

                              (I don't know him from Adam, I just appreciate the music he shares.)

                              Sarah

                              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                              > Bill, I just found something else that might be good to play
                              Halloween
                              > night. The One Act Players are making available a 15 minute sound
                              > effect recording. Available here:
                              > http://www.artistlaunch.com/artist.asp?artistid=4611
                              >
                              > Rain, thunder, screams, sinister laugh, wolf howl, etc.
                              >
                              > High bit-rate link (128kpbs, stereo, 14MB):
                              > http://www.artistlaunch.com/artists/songs/The_One_Act_Players_-
                              _A_Halloween_Fright_Night.mp3
                              > Low bit-rate link (24kbps, mono, 3 MB):
                              > http://artistlaunch.com/artists/songs32/The_One_Act_Players_-
                              _A_Halloween_Fright_Night.mp3

                              > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Bird"
                              > <billbird2111@y...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hello, I'm looking for the old War of the Worlds broadcast
                              starring
                              > > Orson Welles. I'd love to play this thing outside the house on
                              > > Halloween night to scare the kiddies as much as possible.
                              > >
                              > > Could someone be good enough to post it on YouSendIt or email it
                              to my
                              > > Streamload Account (billbird2111@s...).
                              > >
                              > > But then again, I have a freeloader account, so I probably won't
                              be
                              > > able to download it. If someone could put it up on yousendit, I'd
                              > > appreciate it.
                              > >
                              > > Bill

                            • aggreen1
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 28, 2005
                                > Chester Cannon <chestercannon@y...> wrote:
                                > You should be able to d/l War of the Worlds here:
                                >
                                > http://www.mercurytheatre.info/
                                >
                                > Chester

                                ***Marvelous site, but agonizingly slow. I have 3 MB broadband service
                                and routinely download at 400-500 KBs per sec. With this site, I cannot
                                get a download connection faster than 27 KBs...slowing than an old 56K
                                dialup modem. Ugh!

                                Al
                              • woody_woodward
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 28, 2005
                                  Al, I have a couple of suggestions that might help improve download
                                  speed. Frist, use a download manager and make two connections to the
                                  site. (Site won't allow more than two.) Second, do you downloading
                                  during off hours. Very early in the morning if you're on the east
                                  coast, or very late at night if west coast.

                                  Also, 27 K-Bytes/sec is actually quite a bit faster than 56
                                  K-bits/sec. In this context, I'm pretty sure you were talking Kilo-Bytes.

                                  Woody
                                  --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, "aggreen1" <aggreen1@y...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > > Chester Cannon <chestercannon@y...> wrote:
                                  > > You should be able to d/l War of the Worlds here:
                                  > >
                                  > > http://www.mercurytheatre.info/
                                  > >
                                  > > Chester
                                  >

                                  > ***Marvelous site, but agonizingly slow. I have 3 MB broadband service
                                  > and routinely download at 400-500 KBs per sec. With this site, I cannot
                                  > get a download connection faster than 27 KBs...slowing than an old 56K
                                  > dialup modem. Ugh!
                                  >
                                  > Al

                                • ncatt
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Nov 27, 2013

                                    War of the Worlds DVD#1.rar
                                    http://www.putlocker.com/file/A063584B79E242F9
                                    http://www.putlocker.com/file/9420ED8E22C70F89
                                    http://www.putlocker.com/file/CF7FD8C9234FE490
                                    http://www.putlocker.com/file/8263F7AD901BDCB6

                                    --
                                    God Bless America

                                    "While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
                                    Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
                                    Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
                                    As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer."