[Old Radio Shows on MP3 ] Re: Emerson player

  • dwmyers_99
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
      I own a RioVolt SP90 and am very happy with it. Yes, you can plug in
      an AC adapter. It takes a 4.5 volt input. In lieu of an adapter, I
      chose to invest in rechargable AA batteries. I got mine at Radio
      Shack. The kit consists of 4-AA batteries and a charger. I think I
      paid around $23-24. You can probably beat that price by a few
      dollars if you shop around. It has alreday paid for itself, and I am
      not tied to an outlet.

      Mine has been a real rugged performer, having survived several
      accidental drops. It has gotten almost daily use since last November.

      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@y..., "Ken Janney, MCSE" <kjanney1685@e...>
      wrote:
      > Radiophiles,
      >
      > I am in the market for an MP3/CD player. I need some help.
      Circuit City
      > currently has the ReoVolt RS50 and RS90 on sale. Price after
      rebate is
      > $49.95 & $79.95 respectively. The problem is that - that is all
      that is in
      > the package! - The player and that is all! I went to Radio Shack
      to get
      > the FM radio adaptor and they are selling a discontinued model of
      an RCA the
      > RP2415 for $79.97. This unit has 100-second anti-skip and the kit
      includes
      > the AC adaptor, cigarette lighter adaptor, tape cassette adaptor,
      earphones
      > and PC/Audio cable. Radio Shack is discontinuing the RCA in favor
      of a
      > Sony that they want $119.95 for (and with fewer accessories). I
      found the
      > Emerson at K-Mart for $79.95. It looks like a complete kit like
      the RCA.

      > What I need to know, from someone who has a ReoVolt, does it have
      AC and
      > cigarette lighter capability and will any 'universal' adaptor do
      the trick?
      > The way it is packaged you cannot see if there is a plug interface
      for a
      > power plug on the body. I want to be able to plug it in so that I
      am not
      > constantly feeding it AA batteries.
      >
      > I am in a quandary.
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Ken Janney
      >
      > [This e-mail was scanned by Norton Anti-Virus prior to being sent.]

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=226014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17
      058513
      > 08:HM/A=1000239/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?
      bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1023894029%3eM=22

      6014.2032696.3508022.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1705851308:HM/A=1000239/R=1

      > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can
      easily
      > unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:
      >
      > But we'll miss you.

      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • Reba Borth
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
        The Riovolt sp250 comes with rechargeable batteries, not sure about the
        other models. When you plug the AC adapter in you can charge the
        batteries while in the player. No need for a separate charger. The
        Emerson player is 2nd best if you decide not to get a Riovolt, but it is
        not as easy to use. It will play any mp3 file you put in it, but the
        resume feature is not very good. The resume on Riovolt, however, will
        resume exactly where you left off when you turned the machine off. A
        cassette adapter can be purchased at Walmart for $14.95. I have not been
        as impressed with the FM transmitter as with the cassette adapter. You
        can also purchase the cigarette lighter adapter at Radio Shack, not sure
        what the cost is, but at least at Radio Shack they can tell you exactly
        which one you need.

        The sp250 comes with 2 types of headphones, a leather carrying case with
        a belt clip on it, to make it easy to carry around, the ac adapter and
        rechargeable batteries that charge in the player... I love this player.
        It is expensive, but well worth it.

        my 2 cents,
        Reba

        On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 01:56:06 -0400 "Ken Janney, MCSE"
        <kjanney1685@...> writes:
        > Radiophiles,
        >
        > I am in the market for an MP3/CD player. I need some help.
        > Circuit City
        > currently has the ReoVolt RS50 and RS90 on sale. Price after
        > rebate is
        > $49.95 & $79.95 respectively. The problem is that - that is all
        > that is in
        > the package! - The player and that is all! I went to Radio Shack
        > to get
        > the FM radio adaptor and they are selling a discontinued model of an
        > RCA the
        > RP2415 for $79.97. This unit has 100-second anti-skip and the kit
        > includes
        > the AC adaptor, cigarette lighter adaptor, tape cassette adaptor,
        > earphones
        > and PC/Audio cable. Radio Shack is discontinuing the RCA in favor
        > of a
        > Sony that they want $119.95 for (and with fewer accessories). I
        > found the
        > Emerson at K-Mart for $79.95. It looks like a complete kit like
        > the RCA.
        >
        > What I need to know, from someone who has a ReoVolt, does it have AC
        > and
        > cigarette lighter capability and will any 'universal' adaptor do the
        > trick?
        > The way it is packaged you cannot see if there is a plug interface
        > for a
        > power plug on the body. I want to be able to plug it in so that I
        > am not
        > constantly feeding it AA batteries.
        >
        > I am in a quandary.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Ken Janney

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
      • Brian Longstaff
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
          Yes. Riovolt usually play around 12 to 20 hours on ordinary batteries. Rechargeable, I find to last less longer, depending on how many times they've been recharged.

          Brian L
          Will the Riovolt play regular store bought music cds too?

          Keith D.

          <kjanney1685@...> writes:
          > Radiophiles,
          >
          > I am in the market for an MP3/CD player. I need some help.
          > Circuit City
          > currently has the ReoVolt RS50 and RS90 on sale. Price after
          > rebate is
          > $49.95 & $79.95 respectively. The problem is that - that is all
          > that is in
          > the package! - The player and that is all! I went to Radio Shack
          > to get
          > the FM radio adaptor and they are selling a discontinued model of an
          > RCA the
          > RP2415 for $79.97. This unit has 100-second anti-skip and the kit
          > includes
          > the AC adaptor, cigarette lighter adaptor, tape cassette adaptor,
          > earphones
          > and PC/Audio cable. Radio Shack is discontinuing the RCA in favor
          > of a
          > Sony that they want $119.95 for (and with fewer accessories). I
          > found the
          > Emerson at K-Mart for $79.95. It looks like a complete kit like
          > the RCA.
          >
          > What I need to know, from someone who has a ReoVolt, does it have AC
          > and
          > cigarette lighter capability and will any 'universal' adaptor do the
          > trick?
          > The way it is packaged you cannot see if there is a plug interface
          > for a
          > power plug on the body. I want to be able to plug it in so that I
          > am not
          > constantly feeding it AA batteries.
          >
          > I am in a quandary.
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Ken Janney

          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          ---

        • Reba Borth
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
            it will play anything you put in it. It also has an FM tuner, so it has
            fm radio also.

            Reba

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
              Supposedly 14 hours. It depends on if you are listening straight through
              or fast fowarding etc. It lasts quite awhile though and since the
              batteries charge right in the player it is really cool. That's right,
              another cool feature it will fast forward and rewind within a track.

              Reba

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
                You're lucky there - Riovolt rechargers won't work on UK voltage... Also, I've yet to find another brand of charger that will fit the RioVolt.

                Brian L

                writes:
                > sorry to post aging, but what is the life of the batteries per charge
                > of the Riovolt?
                >
                > Keith D.

              • Brian Ramsbey
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
                  I just upgraded from an SP100 to the SP250, and am very happy with the
                  new unit!!(not to say I wasn't happy with the 100). I just wanted to
                  add that I bought my car adapter from radio shack and it works great.
                  They have a 4.5 volt 1000ma and then you get your choice of plug which
                  if memory serves me it was like "H" . I got it with the 100 but it
                  works great for the 250 also.

                  I also agree I have Never had any luck with the fm transmitters,
                  although I have not used the "inline" type which should probably work
                  ok. I generally use a cassette adapter but one of our cars has a Aux.
                  input which works great as long as you are running off batteries. If
                  you use the car adapter you get a horrible buzzing noise. Then you have
                  to go back to radio shack and get a Ground Loop Adapter and the noise is
                  gone.

                  Other than that it is a wonderful unit and Kudos to RioVolt and Iriver
                  for a wonderful product.

                  Just a nickel worth....

                  Brian

                • Keith@EGroups
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
                        the mp3 player i got for $50 only lasts 3-4 hours before having to change the battery
                        Keith D.

                        writes:
                        > sorry to post aging, but what is the life of the batteries per charge
                        > of the Riovolt?
                        >
                        > Keith D.

                      • Ken Janney, MCSE
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
                          Dear DW,

                          Thanks for the info. It was not available on the web site.

                          wrote:
                          > Radiophiles,
                          >
                          > I am in the market for an MP3/CD player. I need some help.
                          Circuit City
                          > currently has the ReoVolt RS50 and RS90 on sale. Price after
                          rebate is
                          > $49.95 & $79.95 respectively. The problem is that - that is all
                          that is in
                          > the package! - The player and that is all! I went to Radio Shack
                          to get
                          > the FM radio adaptor and they are selling a discontinued model of
                          an RCA the
                          > RP2415 for $79.97. This unit has 100-second anti-skip and the kit
                          includes
                          > the AC adaptor, cigarette lighter adaptor, tape cassette adaptor,
                          earphones
                          > and PC/Audio cable. Radio Shack is discontinuing the RCA in favor
                          of a
                          > Sony that they want $119.95 for (and with fewer accessories). I
                          found the
                          > Emerson at K-Mart for $79.95. It looks like a complete kit like
                          the RCA.

                          > What I need to know, from someone who has a ReoVolt, does it have
                          AC and
                          > cigarette lighter capability and will any 'universal' adaptor do
                          the trick?
                          > The way it is packaged you cannot see if there is a plug interface
                          for a
                          > power plug on the body. I want to be able to plug it in so that I
                          am not
                          > constantly feeding it AA batteries.
                          >
                          > I am in a quandary.
                          >
                          > Thank you,
                          >
                          > Ken Janney
                          >
                          > [This e-mail was scanned by Norton Anti-Virus prior to being sent.]

                        • Keith