Re: [Old Radio Shows on MP3 ] Re: Over the Top

  • Brian Longstaff
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 1, 2002
      Well, the first part about hair loss is right.... ;)

      Brian the (getting there) Bald
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 1, 2002
        No offense taken here - and I was the unwitting target! lol. 'Sides, I can fight my own fights - if the wife lets me! ;)

        Brian L
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 1, 2002
          And that's not just a line from Red Buttons.

          Can anyone give me a technical explanation (but in
          layman's terms, please) of the following:

          I was woken up at 2:15 a.m. with the sound of some
          machine saying "Please Wait." I thought it must be
          coming from my fax machine (though I have never heard
          it talk before) or telephone answering machine (but
          there was no phone ringing).
          The next thing was that the computer TURNED ON BY
          ITSELF, and the screen lit up. Now I had definitely
          turned it all off some hours before. It booted up as
          usual.

          I have my own mystical explanation. In fact, I begin
          the exorcism of all my electrical gadgets this
          afternoon!

          Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
          Vince

        • chuckprahl
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 1, 2002
            You have a Intruder, he controls your computer at night, do you have
            Cable modem, or DSL?--- In oldradioshowsonmp3@y..., Vincente Tobias
            <vincente_ca@y...> wrote:
            > And that's not just a line from Red Buttons.
            >
            > Can anyone give me a technical explanation (but in
            > layman's terms, please) of the following:
            >
            > I was woken up at 2:15 a.m. with the sound of some
            > machine saying "Please Wait." I thought it must be
            > coming from my fax machine (though I have never heard
            > it talk before) or telephone answering machine (but
            > there was no phone ringing).
            > The next thing was that the computer TURNED ON BY
            > ITSELF, and the screen lit up. Now I had definitely
            > turned it all off some hours before. It booted up as
            > usual.
            >
            > I have my own mystical explanation. In fact, I begin
            > the exorcism of all my electrical gadgets this
            > afternoon!
            >
            > Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
            > Vince

            > Find, Connect, Date! http://personals.yahoo.ca
          • Jackie
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 1, 2002
              Off in the distance I can see monster fleas jumping mountans in a single bound and above a squadren of giant mosquetos heading our way.............

              Come on.. some one pick it up from here...;-) We may have a show here.....
              Tom Bush

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 1, 2002
                --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@y..., "Jackie" <jaxntom@e...> wrote:
                > Off in the distance I can see monster fleas jumping mountans in a
                single bound and above a squadren of giant mosquetos heading our
                way.............

                > Come on.. some one pick it up from here...;-) We may have a show
                here.....
                > Tom Bush

                Hope the mosquit's bite ya all over.
                Harvey the bug man!
              • Vincente Tobias
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 1, 2002
                  Are you serious? I have cable modem. Tell me more.
                  Vince

                  --- chuckprahl <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                  > You have a Intruder, he controls your computer at
                  > night, do you have
                  > Cable modem, or DSL?

                • Vincente Tobias
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 1, 2002
                    --- Jackie <jaxntom@...> wrote:
                    > Off in the distance I can see monster fleas jumping
                    > mountans in a single bound and above a squadren of
                    > giant mosquetos heading our way.............

                    In all the houses in the villages and cities,
                    computers are mysteriously coming on by themselves.
                    Fax and answering machines are booming commands to
                    each other across the nation......

                    Next!

                    Vince

                  • chuckprahl
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 1, 2002
                      Until I got a Network Security for my cable modem I was being Hacked
                      10 times a day. There are Sniffer programs that just look for easy
                      High speed modem targets, Once they find you they get into your
                      harddrive take a look around steal, passwords, I had one guy actually
                      moving my mouse for me while I sat infront of the screen. __it
                      happens.... CHuck
                      wrote:
                      > Are you serious? I have cable modem. Tell me more.
                      > Vince
                      >
                      > --- chuckprahl <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                      > > You have a Intruder, he controls your computer at
                      > > night, do you have
                      > > Cable modem, or DSL?

                      > Find, Connect, Date! http://personals.yahoo.ca
                    • tom_bets
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 2, 2002
                        My note wasn't meant to be accusatory -- just a playful reminder
                        that, once the war starts, even innocent bystanders can be hit.

                        Tom M

                        wrote:

                        > Hello Tom and listers,
                        >
                        > to be honest I really don't know much about the guy. It's just
                        that that
                        > portion of his message lent itself in to being developed in to the
                        > introduction to an otr show and decided to have some fun with it.
                        > Peter Donahue
                      • tom_bets
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 2, 2002
                          In Washington, the senior senator from Mass, himself no stranger to
                          death, immediately authors a bill to fund a five-year program to
                          research a monster swatter. His proposal is immediately opposed by
                          Barbara Boxer, whose PETI (radical wing of PETA) constituants are up
                          in arms....

                          --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@y..., "Jackie" <jaxntom@e...> wrote:
                          > Off in the distance I can see monster fleas jumping mountans in a
                          single bound and above a squadren of giant mosquetos heading our
                          way.............

                          > Come on.. some one pick it up from here...;-) We may have a show
                          here.....
                          > Tom Bush
                        • Debi Jarrell
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 2, 2002
                            To get on the bandwagon with the esteemed senator from Mass, the junior
                            senator from South Dakota adds in missle silos in his state to protect our
                            citizens should the threat need immediate deployment of a warhead. The CIA
                            and the Senior Senator from Nevada immediately issue a press statement that
                            says that the swarms have nothing whatsoever to do with Area 51.

                            To be continued....

                            Debi
                            > In Washington, the senior senator from Mass, himself no stranger to
                            > death, immediately authors a bill to fund a five-year program to
                            > research a monster swatter. His proposal is immediately opposed by
                            > Barbara Boxer, whose PETI (radical wing of PETA) constituants are up
                            > in arms....
                            >
                            > --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@y..., "Jackie" <jaxntom@e...> wrote:
                            > > Off in the distance I can see monster fleas jumping mountans in a
                            > single bound and above a squadren of giant mosquetos heading our
                            > >
                            > > Come on.. some one pick it up from here...;-) We may have a show
                            > here.....
                            > > Tom Bush
                            >

                            > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can easily
                            unsubscribe from it by sending an email to: