45959Re: [OTRMP3] I'm new but you may remember me of old/ question about Guests of Doom

  • Dean Sweatman
    Jan 12, 2014
      Welcome back.

      Our paths may have crossed way back then. Much has changed but there ae a few of us former Streamloaders still hanging around on the sidelines.

      ------------------------------
      On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 3:56 PM CST Christine wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      >I was rather active in the OTR groups about 14 years ago.  I amassed a rather collection of shows by trading CDs, Streamload and hubs.  By my user id, you would probably guess correctly that they were mostly mysteries.  For a few years, I also collected shows for my three children..they each had their favorites as well as having their favorite mystery shows.  We had some good times!  Some of the series I remember the 4 of us listening to were Box 13, Murder at Midnight, Crime Club, The Clock, The Creaking Door and adventures for Avery, comedy for Ryan and Emily enjoyed them all.  In about 2006, when she and I relocated from CA to KY, we lost most of our material possessions.  I reached out and generous members seeded me for trades and sent gifts.  She and I would listen to Magic Island while just hanging out in a living room with 1 chair.
      >
      >I have many mystery shows on disks as back-up but keep all of my collection on an external harddrive, which I knew nothing about until kind OTR people told me.  I have listened to some of them off and on..Aldi, The Teahouse Detective, Maigret, Agatha Christie stories, a few Lord Peter.
      >
      >I'm recovering from surgery and have tos pend most of my time in bed, so I've borrowed my husband's MP3 player and loaded it up with mysteries.  I can prop up against pillows and crochet while listening.
      >
      >Anyway, in doing the above, it has resparked my interest in the media.  I felt an urge to reconnect only to find that most of the OTR groups I had belonged no longer exist and they few that do have been taken over by spam.  So I was very happy to find this and thank you for having me.
      >
      >I do have a question about Guests of Doom.  I have 3 episodes on my player.  It appears to be a 3 part show.  Two of the files are titled similarly and are labeled as 011 and 012.  The 3rd episode is titled Poison: ep 3.  But when I play this file, it starts the same as disc 011.  My player doesn't have the capacity to fast forward and I don't want to relisten to the first part only to find no ending is available. I searched and have only found these 3 episodes available.
      >
      >Can anyone tell me if there is a 013 and if so, do you know where it can be found?  Is the file labeled Poison: ep 3 the entire show?  The files are all about the same size, but I've noticed that for some reason some of the files are much larger than others.
      >
      >Any help would be appreciated!
      >
      >Thanks again for letting me join!  Pleasure to meet ya!
      >

      >Christine Brannen

      >pinkpolarbear on Ravelry

      >Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic