45711"Squeaks" in recording (MP3)

  • Michael
    Apr 1, 2013
      I hope I will be able to describe a problem I occasionally have when recording or possibly downloading MP3 radio shows onto a CD.

      Sometimes I get sounds like a squeak - the best description I can give is it sounds like an audio tape has been stretched - at random points in the recording.

      I know these sounds are not present in the shows themselves; I listened to one show to check for the squeaks I heard on my CD and there were no noises when I listened to the show directly from the website where I downloaded it.

      Does anyone know what causes these noises and what can be done to stop them from occurring?

      Thanks for any information or advice.