39341Re: [OTRMP3] Is radio drama dead?

  • egnirts
    Jun 1 1:01 PM
      Don't forget guys, old radio is alive and well on XM satellite. that
      is the reason I quit recording and collecting. XM is a little heavy
      on mysteries but that is ok. I can turn it on anytime to catch the
      programs I missed earlier in the week. Having a set of programs
      repeated for a week is nice.

      Regular AM and FM has turned into mostly junk. The satellite systems
      are commercial free music and the genre is your choice. We have one
      in the car and one in the house.

      gws

      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Breen
      <thingmaker2001@...> wrote:

      > In a sense, yes.
      > I don't listen to radio for anything.
      > I don't watch TV either. Of course I listen to a LOT of BBC drama
      and I watch shows that were made for TV (Hornblower, Battlestar
      Galactica, lots of older shows). I listen and watch when I want to,
      not when anything is scheduled.
      > For me, even having to record a streamed broadcast is too much
      trouble - as opposed to downloading files. I can't do it
      automatically, so it would monopolize my computer time and I have
      plenty of, already downloaded, stuff to listen to.
      > Hey, this is the 21st century.
      > Steve in SF
      >

      > Harry <broadcastellan@...> wrote:
      > Here we are romancing the radio, but are we turning it on? Has
      anyone listened to Larry
      > Gelbart's radio satire "Abrogate"? I was rather surprised how little
      attention it has received.
      > I've reviewed it a few days ago; it is available on the BBC radio
      homepage until Friday, 2
      > June. I found it interesting that some of the techniques learned
      during radio's heyday
      > were not being employed or ignored.
      >
      > http://broadcastellan.blogspot.com
      >

      > If for some reason, you feel this group is not for you, you can
      easily unsubscribe from it by sending an email to:

      > But we'll miss you.

      > Old time radio show Old radio shows Radio program
      Podcasts Foul language

      Service.