29056Re: [OTRMP3] How did you get hooked on OTR?

  • shadow0421
    May 1, 2003
      I'm 36 years old now, so the golden age of radio had already ended
      when I was born. I guess I was around ten or eleven when I found a
      local am station that played old-time radio at nights from 8PM-10pm,
      sometimes until midnight. I remember going to bed and listening to
      radio shows from my little transistor radio I had underneath my
      pillow. One night the host, Gary Hodson, gave out some addresses to a
      couple of otr mail-order companies. I started ordering radio shows
      from THE RADIO VAULT. They were really nice people and I could get 2
      shows on a tape for about $2.00 (I didn't know about trading at the
      time). Over the years I built up my tape collection to about 500
      tapes. Then I discovered the internet and distros and now I have more
      shows than I could possibly listen to!

      -Bob S.

      --- In oldradioshowsonmp3@yahoogroups.com, -SGA-
      <sneakygreenalien@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Brent,
      >
      > I still remember the first time I heard CBSRMT on the
      > air in Los Angeles. I thought to myself what the heck
      > is this??? It just so happend that I was tuned into
      > KNX1070 at the time. Been hooked ever since.
      >
      > Since then I've moved back to Mars and unable to
      > pickup radio stations. But because of my satelite dish
      > perched atop my saucer I've been able to d/l OTR
      > instead ;>
      >
      > -SGA-
      >

      > --- officemgrinva <brent@w...> wrote:
      > > How did you get involved in OTR in the first place?
      > >
      > > I know this topic has come up before - but I always
      > > find the
      > >
      > > For me it was Abbott & Costello's "Who's on First?"
      > > routine.
      > >
      > > My teenagers had heard someone try to redo it, and
      > > they didn't think
      > > it was THAT funny. So, I HAD to find a copy of the
      > > original on the
      > > internet. As it turns out, I wound up downloading a
      > > "sample" program
      > > from an OTR sellers site. After a saw the number of
      > > western programs
      > > available, the rest was, as they say, history.
      > >
      > > BTW: My teens now think of the A&C Who's on First
      > > as one of the
      > > funniest things they have ever heard.
      > >
      > > Looking forward to your responses.
      > >
      > > Cheers,