27967Re: [OTRMP3] Re: For those of you who are interested in Unshackled programs

  • Shush
    Apr 1, 2003
      --- raugost <raugost@...> wrote:

      > Besides being Christian, what are the shows
      > like/about?

      Back in the '80s, I used to listen sometimes to a
      Christian radio station in San Diego. "Unshackled" was
      the best thing they aired. It was a 30-minute drama,
      in which a narrator told his life story. Usually these
      were stories about people's lives going in a downward
      spiral, often ending up on skid row. Then, there's a
      religious awakening, often through the auspices of
      Chicago's Old Lighthouse mission, which sponsored the
      show. The stories ended with the narrator telling how
      he's turned his life around, or was at least making
      some progress. It was good stuff... wish I'd been
      taping those.

      I understand that many people don't care for
      religious programming, but in my opinion "Unshackled"
      was just good solid radio drama. If you like "Family
      Theater," you'll probably like "Unshackled" more.

      --Shush--

      =====
      "Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations... entangling alliances with none."

      --- Thomas Jefferson

      http://platinum.yahoo.com
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic