RE: [oldham] Re:Ailene

  • Michael K. Oldham
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2001
      Jenny, I don't recognize any of the names in your email (I'm really not the
      genealogist in the family, my aunt Carol Carpenter is), but I believe our
      "branch" must fork from your "branch." I am a direct descendant of a man
      named Greenlee Oldham -- possibly a child of Mary Ann Greenlee and Elias
      Oldham? -- Greenlee Oldham never made it to Texas, but his son was Dudley
      John Oldham (a doctor licensed in Tennessee who lived and practiced in
      Arkansas), and I believe Greenlee showed up on at least one census living
      with his son in Arkansas. Dudley John Oldham had six children -- one of the
      6 was a son named Clyde Herbert Oldham (my great-grandfather). Clyde Oldham
      moved from Arkansas to Beaumont, East Texas around the turn of the century
      (give or take several years), and his children were born in Beaumont around
      1910-1912.

      If any of these sketchy memories of mine match up with your husband's family
      tree, let me know and I'll get you in touch with the true genealogists in my
      family.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2001
        Michael,

        Are you a decendant of Peter Greenlee Oldham?

        Allie