Re: [old-chevy-truck] Which spark plugs for 235 engine

  • Rob J.
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 5:38 PM
      I've been running Autolite 303s in my 235 for several years now and been
      pleased. Is a 295 hotter or colder than my 303?

      Rob
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 6:15 PM
        I too have always considered Champion plugs to be less than the best, to put
        it mildly. Some AC plugs can be obtained from Vintage Auto Parts,
        www.vap.com, but I am sure they will cost you. You could look up AC Delco's
        web site, that will give you an 800 number to call, maybe plugs for your
        application are still being produced and available somewhere.
        www.acdelco.com

        >From: "Rob Debije" <debije@...>
        >To: <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [old-chevy-truck] Which spark plugs for 235 engine
        >Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 23:05:20 +0200
        >
        >Which spark plugs should I use for my 1954 Chevrolet 3100 pickup. It still
        >has the original 235 engine. In the shop manual it says AC-44-5 but I can't
        >find these plugs anywhere, do they have a new name now? Should I only use
        >AC
        >Delco, or can I also use Champion or some other brand?
        >
        >Rob Debije
        >Holland
        >

        >Ole Chevy and GMC trucks rule!

      • Gary L. Perry
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 6:33 PM
          Rob, never heard of 44-5. You sure that wasn't just 44's or 45's? They were
          very common once and shouldn't be that hard to find. You are overseas so may
          be harder there.