Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] Re: Is anyone here?

  • Ron Newby
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2007
      Yep things have been kind of quiet on the forum lately. Even though the summer has been kinder in temperatures it has still been hard for me to get out due to work. What kind of detector do you have? Ron

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2007
        Hello
        I live in Ada Ok. Looking for someone to hunt with. Been hunting for over 20 years. Tom Shaw 580-310-9320
        Are there any clubs or groupos to hook up with? I started on this site over a year ago and there does not seem to be much in the way of info or contacts.

        sharon conatser <littlebax2002@...> wrote: .oklahomaCity area? U almost have to be joined to a club, to find anything worth mentioning,
        and, should u find a club,to join, its directed to a cafe that doesnt honer your visa, just cash, and a terrible, service, i've lived in this area for 6 yrs, and, ur best bet is Arkansas.OKC is dry.like pulling teeth,clay is hard.
        good hunting, lil Dee
        and good luck on finding tips, its like pulling teeth.

        wrote:

        > I haven't seen anyone post here in quite a while.
        >
        > With all the rain somebody has to have found something.

        I bought a new detector a couple of months a go. I have went out a few
        times but didn't find anything. I am sure it is because I don't have a
        clue what I am doing. I would love to go out with someone some time so i
        could learn what I am doing.

      • Hugh Osborn
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2007
          Great post Mike,

          I have just started MD'ing over the last month. I started out hitting the sandboxes and woodchip area of playgrounds to learn how to pinpoint more accurate.
          I did work an old house site and discovered a 1942 Mercury Dime. (my best so far). I am still working park areas and such until I can get a truck and then I want to explore some old towns. (my Mustang is not getting on gravel/dirt roads). I also would like to see more action in the yahoogroup.

          Good luck to all,

          Hugh in OKC