the ropes

  • grayteal38
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25 3:19 PM
      Does anyone live in or around south okc. I would love to tag along
      with someone to see if I am going to like detecting before I plunk
      down 500.00 on a detector.
    • Ron Newby
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2007
        Grayteal38: I noticed that it appears that you have not received an
        answer to your question. I am just south of Gainesville,Tx so that is
        a big far from OKC but we have several places we hunt in North TX.
        There is a big treasure hunt coming up on May 26th and 27th at the
        Fairgrounds west of Sapulpa, OK off of Hwy 66. There will be a lot of
        planted targets for prizes and several big hunts on each day. There is
        an entry fee for each hunt. If you would like to sign up for some of
        these hunts and see if you like the hobby then come to Sapulpa on
        either of these days and see for yourself. I will loan you a metal
        detector to use if you don't have one. Give it some thought and let me
        know. Perhaps we can figure a place to go hunt with the detectors. I
        just traveled through west Kansas into Nebraska today and saw a lot of
        prime abandoned homesteads. I could just feel the lost treasures
        waiting in the ground. Ron

        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "grayteal38"