Re: USGS Topo maps of Oklahoma

  • Buck Rogers
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
      Dont know if this will help or not.
      http://www.tulsalibrary.org/tulsahistory/maps.htm
      <http://www.tulsalibrary.org/tulsahistory/maps.htm> Buck
      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "okiediggerbv"
      <okiediggerbv@...> wrote:

      > I'm looking for a digital resource for Oklahoma (Kansas or Texas too)
      > USGS topographic maps. I've looked at all the latest software, but
      they
      > only show the most current maps or those dating back to the mid
      1980's.
      > I'm looking for ALL the topographic maps dating back to the late
      1890's
      > through the 1980's. The 1890's through 1920's maps are typically in
      the
      > 1:125,000 format where as the other are 1:24,000 or 1:100,000. Any
      help
      > is appreciated. Thanks!

    • Okie Digger
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
        It's a bit of a drive for me. I've already been there and it's all paper format. I was hoping for digital copies that I could purchase and view on my PC. Thanks for trying though!

        Buck Rogers <buckokla@...> wrote: Dont know if this will help or not.
        <okiediggerbv@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking for a digital resource for Oklahoma (Kansas or Texas too)
        > USGS topographic maps. I've looked at all the latest software, but
        they
        > only show the most current maps or those dating back to the mid
        1980's.
        > I'm looking for ALL the topographic maps dating back to the late
        1890's
        > through the 1980's. The 1890's through 1920's maps are typically in
        the
        > 1:125,000 format where as the other are 1:24,000 or 1:100,000. Any
        help
        > is appreciated. Thanks!

      • devildogokc
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
          Just take pics of the paper maps with a decent digital camera it works
          well.
        • okiediggerbv
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2007
            --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "devildogokc"
            <devildogokc@...> wrote:

            > Just take pics of the paper maps with a decent digital camera it
            works
            > well.

            I like to use Google Earth to overlay the images. Digital camera pics
            will be off. Unless of course you take a million of them, then you have
            to piece it together. I'd rather purchase them and save the hassel, lol.