Re: original location, camp radziminski

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2007
      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "warpfactor9_0"
      <warpfactor9_0@...> wrote:

      > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
      > <mikem05@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Larry,
      > >
      > > Sorry for the slow response. As usual, I'm working out of town
      > this
      > > week and I didn't think to bring my book with me. When I get
      home
      > > Thursday or Friday I'll post the info from the book.
      > >
      > > Looks like BEACHHUNTERMIKE posted some info on this stolen
      > > government payroll already.
      > >
      > > Larry, (and other forum members), if you like reading about
      > Oklahoma
      > > history and lost treasure in Oklahoma, you need to get this
      book!
      > > There are usually several copies for sale on eBay for a fraction
      of
      > > what they cost new.
      > >
      > > Anyway…… as I recall, the camp was relocated twice. As late as
      the
      > > 20's or 30's, remnants of the camp remained, and Steve Wilson, in
      > > his book mentions some artifacts have been found along with one
      > gold
      > > coin. He only writes a few paragraphs about the camp, and
      mentions
      > > the location being near twin granite peaks. I'll scan the story
      > out
      > > of the book, (it's only a few paragraphs) and post it as a file
      > > later this weekend. Hope I don't get arrested for copy write
      > > infringement.
      > >
      > > One other book I want to recommend to everybody: SHADOW OF THE
      > > SENTINEL: One man's quest to find the lost gold of the
      confederacy.

      > > There has been buried confederate treasure found in Oklahoma!
      Any
      > > serious treasure hunter needs to read this book. Lots of folks
      > > walked right by some of this buried treasure and never knew it
      > > because they didn't know what to look for. Bob Brewer (co-
      author)
      > > spent years deciphering coded symbols found on large rocks all
      over
      > > the South to find some of this treasure. For years after the
      Civil
      > > War, sentinels guarded over some of this buried treasure, waiting
      > > for the right time when the South would rise again. Bob's
      problem
      > > was that he placed too much trust in the folks that would contact
      > > him for help. The person that that screwed him over the worst
      was
      > > school teacher from SE Oklahoma!
      > >
      > > Later………….
      > >
      > > Mike
      > >

      > > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry"
      > > <lkillebrew1@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have heard of the book, havent looked at it... I am
      interested
      > > in you
      > > > posting more info. $40K in lost govt payroll? I was just
      > > interested in
      > > > relic hunting... but I might lower my standards and go Treasure
      > > > Hunting. [grin] thanks for keeping it a secret... looking
      forward
      > > > your post.
      > > > thanks
      > > > Larry

      > > AND
      > > found.
      > > about
      > > suppose to

      > Mike, the book that Bob Brewer co-authored has come out again under
      > another name as well. For info purposes, it's called "Rebel Gold"
      > Best of luck...
      > Jeff

      Thanks for the update, Jeff. I wonder what Bob is doing now? At one
      time he was making the rounds; speaking about his experiences in
      tracking down some of this buried Rebel loot. Coincidentally, today,
      January 19th, is THE General's birthday: Robert E. Lee. Paul
      Greenberg, a well-known columnist from Arkansas, has a nice piece in
      today's OP-ED section of the city paper. In his column titled, [An
      evening with General Lee], THE General is described as: "dignity,
      grace and courtesy personified without a touch of surliness". Well-
      stated Mr. Greenberg! Join me in raising a glass to THE General.