First Wheatie!

  • aussie_okie
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2006
      Went out to an old area where we have 4 baseball nets on the corners of
      a large field.
      Not a lot there except 'cleats' from shoes, found a few pennies, dimes
      and quarters.
      Then I decided to search around the bases of a line of trees and right
      against the trunk was a penny sound but a little different, dug and
      pulled out a 1919 s wheat penny.
      That made the morning.
      Also, I did find a '65 quarter close by ..missed silver by 1 year :(
      though I did read that some '65 quarters were struck in silver ('64) in
      error.

      Paul