Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] Re: relic identification?

  • Earl Welsh
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2006
      Hi Larry,

      The site Paul provided is a great site for tokens. I have only found one so far, but I thought it was an interesting item.

      aussie_okie <irokradio@...> wrote:
      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry"
      wrote:

      > Found a "Laundry Coupon"
      > Octogan shaped, 1.25" diameter, Aluminum, Palmolive Peet Co.
      > "Good for Two Cakes Crystal White Soap Free When you Buy Three
      Cakes."
      > any info would be appreciated.
      > thanks,
      > Larry

      Hi Larry,

      This link may help you....
      http://www.coinworld.com/news/121503/BW_1215.asp

      Paul

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Larry
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 26, 2006
        Hey Paul that was a great link! I found out this token dates back to
        between 1927-29! Have found a few coins, lots of nails, a couple of
        axe heads, and lots of stuff that sounds like silver on my Vaquero...
        but isn't. Right now digging all trash and trying to remember what
        the good hits sound like... precious few good hits... but, I am
        diligently removing scrap metal from the ground so others dont have
        too.
        LK

        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "aussie_okie"
        <irokradio@...> wrote:

        > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry"
        > <Lkillebrew1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Found a "Laundry Coupon"
        > > Octogan shaped, 1.25" diameter, Aluminum, Palmolive Peet Co.
        > > "Good for Two Cakes Crystal White Soap Free When you Buy Three
        > Cakes."
        > > any info would be appreciated.
        > > thanks,
        > > Larry
        > >

        > Hi Larry,
        >
        > This link may help you....
        > http://www.coinworld.com/news/121503/BW_1215.asp
        >
        > Paul

      • aussie_okie
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 26, 2006
          <Lkillebrew1@...> wrote:

          > Hey Paul that was a great link! I found out this token dates back
          > between 1927-29! Have found a few coins, lots of nails, a couple
          of
          > axe heads, and lots of stuff that sounds like silver on my
          Vaquero...
          > but isn't. Right now digging all trash and trying to remember what
          > the good hits sound like... precious few good hits... but, I am
          > diligently removing scrap metal from the ground so others dont
          have
          > too.
          > LK
          >
          > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "aussie_okie"
          > <irokradio@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry"
          > > <Lkillebrew1@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Found a "Laundry Coupon"
          > > > Octogan shaped, 1.25" diameter, Aluminum, Palmolive Peet Co.
          > > > "Good for Two Cakes Crystal White Soap Free When you Buy Three
          > > Cakes."
          > > > any info would be appreciated.
          > > > thanks,
          > > > Larry
          > > >

          > > Hi Larry,
          > >
          > > This link may help you....
          > > http://www.coinworld.com/news/121503/BW_1215.asp
          > >
          > > Paul

          Hey Larry,

          Glad the link was helpful, neat token!
          I have found lots of clad (cents, dimes and quarters), a couple of
          rings, earing and my first wheatie yesterday 1919 S, so that was
          exciting and my fair share of trash but it's always a thrill to get
          that 'good' sound. I'm using an ACE 250 but have a White's DFX
          arriving on Wednesday :) so I am hoping that it will give me the
          deeper and older stuff.

          Paul