relic identification?

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2006
      Found a "Laundry Coupon"
      Octogan shaped, 1.25" diameter, Aluminum, Palmolive Peet Co.
      "Good for Two Cakes Crystal White Soap Free When you Buy Three Cakes."
      any info would be appreciated.
      thanks,
      Larry
    • aussie_okie
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 25, 2006
        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry"
        <Lkillebrew1@...> wrote:

        > Found a "Laundry Coupon"
        > Octogan shaped, 1.25" diameter, Aluminum, Palmolive Peet Co.
        > "Good for Two Cakes Crystal White Soap Free When you Buy Three
        Cakes."
        > any info would be appreciated.
        > thanks,
        > Larry

        Hi Larry,

        This link may help you....
        http://www.coinworld.com/news/121503/BW_1215.asp

        Paul
      • Earl Welsh
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 25, 2006
          Hi Larry,

          The site Paul provided is a great site for tokens. I have only found one so far, but I thought it was an interesting item.

          wrote:

          > Found a "Laundry Coupon"
          > Octogan shaped, 1.25" diameter, Aluminum, Palmolive Peet Co.
          > "Good for Two Cakes Crystal White Soap Free When you Buy Three
          Cakes."
          > any info would be appreciated.
          > thanks,
          > Larry

          Hi Larry,

          This link may help you....
          http://www.coinworld.com/news/121503/BW_1215.asp

          Paul

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Larry
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 26, 2006
            Hey Paul that was a great link! I found out this token dates back to
            between 1927-29! Have found a few coins, lots of nails, a couple of
            axe heads, and lots of stuff that sounds like silver on my Vaquero...
            but isn't. Right now digging all trash and trying to remember what
            the good hits sound like... precious few good hits... but, I am
            diligently removing scrap metal from the ground so others dont have
            too.
            LK

            --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "aussie_okie"
            <irokradio@...> wrote:

            > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry"
            > <Lkillebrew1@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Found a "Laundry Coupon"
            > > Octogan shaped, 1.25" diameter, Aluminum, Palmolive Peet Co.
            > > "Good for Two Cakes Crystal White Soap Free When you Buy Three
            > Cakes."
            > > any info would be appreciated.
            > > thanks,
            > > Larry
            > >

            > Hi Larry,
            >
            > This link may help you....
            > http://www.coinworld.com/news/121503/BW_1215.asp
            >
            > Paul

          • aussie_okie
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 26, 2006
              <Lkillebrew1@...> wrote:

              > Hey Paul that was a great link! I found out this token dates back
              > between 1927-29! Have found a few coins, lots of nails, a couple
              of
              > axe heads, and lots of stuff that sounds like silver on my
              Vaquero...
              > but isn't. Right now digging all trash and trying to remember what
              > the good hits sound like... precious few good hits... but, I am
              > diligently removing scrap metal from the ground so others dont
              have
              > too.
              > LK
              >
              > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "aussie_okie"
              > <irokradio@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry"
              > > <Lkillebrew1@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Found a "Laundry Coupon"
              > > > Octogan shaped, 1.25" diameter, Aluminum, Palmolive Peet Co.
              > > > "Good for Two Cakes Crystal White Soap Free When you Buy Three
              > > Cakes."
              > > > any info would be appreciated.
              > > > thanks,
              > > > Larry
              > > >

              > > Hi Larry,
              > >
              > > This link may help you....
              > > http://www.coinworld.com/news/121503/BW_1215.asp
              > >
              > > Paul

              Hey Larry,

              Glad the link was helpful, neat token!
              I have found lots of clad (cents, dimes and quarters), a couple of
              rings, earing and my first wheatie yesterday 1919 S, so that was
              exciting and my fair share of trash but it's always a thrill to get
              that 'good' sound. I'm using an ACE 250 but have a White's DFX
              arriving on Wednesday :) so I am hoping that it will give me the
              deeper and older stuff.

              Paul