Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] Re: OK Gold

  • matthew hindi
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2006
      Buck,
      how do you go about going on a trip for prospecting? Can anybody take a dredge out there anytime? What are the fees? What size dredge are allowed? I have a 4in dredge with air that I would love to take there? I am in the military stationed at Tinker but live in Chickasha. Is this on the GPAA approved list or is it free for the public to go anytime? How much gold did you all find? I did not see any pic's showing your gold finds?
      Thanks Matt

      Buck Rogers <buckokla@...> wrote:
      Dull Hawk This gold was taken out of the dredges on June 4th 2006 on
      the Kiamichi River by the (Oklahoma_Prospector group). Here is the
      place we went. http://www.kriver.com/ <http://www.kriver.com/> We
      spent about 2 and a half days there. We had 17 members show up for this
      prospecting trip. Buck Rogers
      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, dullhawk
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Hey Buckokla,
      > Did you really find this gold in OK? I have always wanted to pan
      > for gold. Even thought about joining the GPAA, but I figured I
      > wouldn't have any places close to home to hunt.

    • Buck Rogers
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2006
        Matt the pic that dull hawk has posted is what we found in the dredges
        that day. That is private Property and the day use of the area is $2.oo
        camping fees are 10. There are no GPAA sites in Oklahoma. There are
        other places to go in Oklahoma and in Arkansas but none are public the
        areas are aranged by a GPAA chapter or the Oklahoma_Prospector Group.
        If you are interested in going to the K camp ground got to the web site
        and look the whole thing over then go and have fun tell them I said
        howdy. Buck Rogers
        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, matthew hindi

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2006
          Mat. here is the Okla city chapter of the GPAA it doesnt cost any thing
          to join call Paul Martin the claims guide director for the state and a
          member of that chapter and also a member of the Oklahoma Prospector. He
          will tell you all about what you need to do.
          http://www.goldprospectorsokc.com/ <http://www.goldprospectorsokc.com/>
          Buck Rogers....If you are interested in the Okla Prospector group send
          me an E mail. Buck