Re: Metal Detecting Vacation

  • ottokin1
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2006
      Hello fellow detectors, I'm new to this group. I live in Rehoboth
      Beach, Delaware and try to get on the surf at least 3-4 times a week.
      I have had little luck this summer finding anything but clad coins. I
      have found numerous pieces of broken metal that looks like brass but
      I'm not to sure of what it is ????? There are many many 18th & 19th
      century ship wrecks just off the coast and I am afraid to discard the
      pieces since they maybe from an old ship that went down. I will try
      going to the local shipwreck museum and see if they can help me
      figure out what they are. I found them just after the last 2
      hurricanes went up north out at sea but brought very rough surf to
      the area. I will post pictures of the items soon and maybe someone
      with this club can help me figure out what they may be.

      Once again, I want to say hello to you all...

      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "chris"
      <wpd379@...> wrote:

      > Good to see people writing messages again. This site was
      kinda
      > boring this summer.
      > I got to beach hunt for the first time during vacation at
      Canton