Reply to wmj68 about hunting Canton Lake.

  • chris
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2006
      I checked with the Corps of Engineer's Office. The ranger advised
      metal detecting is permited and you don't have to have a permit. They
      do ask for the holes to be covered and any Indian artifact's not be
      removed. Right now at Canton lake the lake is so low a beach is on the
      North and West end of the lake. If you go to The Sandy Cove beach
      which is the only beach when the lake is up you have to pay $3.00 day
      use pass to get on that beach. That is the only place a day use pass
      is needed to get on the sand.
    • chris