Re: Need Information on Good Brand of Metal Dectector

  • Buck Rogers
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2006
      Dianne....There are a lot of older machines out there. Last year I even
      saw a couple of BFO's in a pawn shop. BFO's are one of the first types
      of detectors we hunted with. In there day they were good. I like the
      Garrett an have owned 3 of them. I started useing a detector back in
      the 1960's and have owned over 20 in my life of differant Brands. I
      still use the old GMCX2 but it is a 1990 machine. It works pretty good
      even by todays standard. In my opinion you just need some one to show
      you how to use what you have or some one to look at what you have as
      some of the older stuff is more trouble than its worth. Post a picture
      if you want of the machine an a close up of the control box that would
      give some of us an idea of what you are trying to work with. Buck
      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dianne & Stan"