new detector and first finds

  • samwatkins_75
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3 10:26 PM
      I took out my "new to me" Goldmaster 2 a few times lately and didn't
      have any real luck at all.So far I've dug up nothing but
      nails ,aluminum scrap,a hot wheel car,and a lid to an old mason jar,
      which incidentally used to have milk/slag glass lids unbeknownst me
      till I dug it up, So I did learn something which is always cool.To
      make a long story a teensy tiny bit shorter,I decided to sell the
      Goldmaster 2 and buy a newer detector.Good call BJbingo! Luckily my
      brother wanted it so I got back what I paid for it.He's an
      eletronics engineering major so he wants to take it apart and see
      how it works and see if he can't modify it and make it variable
      frequency.Who knows what other mods he'll dream up. Anyway ... I
      went to Wayne's detector shop on s.w. Pennsylvania ave and picked
      up a White's Prizm 3. That owner is real nice by the way and runs a
      pretty nice shop, seems he got near everthing you could ever want
      for treasure hunting.I have to say the prizm 3 is pretty neat. For
      starters, it's just way cooler looking than the bounty hunters and
      the treasure aces, which is important because I just gotta look cool
      while I'm detecting , because, I don't know, I'm a lil bit vain I
      guess. On top of that, it works pretty nice too. I took it out of
      the box and put it together when I got to my brothers place and we
      took it out to the backyard. I found my first quarter right
      away.unfortunely we couldn't stay at his place long because he had a
      prior engagement, so he dropped me off at my place. I found 4 copper
      pennies right out my front door soon after I got home. I've only
      used the detector maybe an hour today and I'm up to 29 cents! Ha!
      Only $299.61 and this bad boy will have paid for itself.Of course,
      at this rate it might take a while.Maybe if I'm lucky I'll have a
      good run of luck in the near future and I can get me a MXT or DFX
      with all the loot I dig Up. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4 7:19 PM
        Sam, sounds like that new White's detector has got you fired up.
        Now, if we could just get some more rain to help soften up the
        ground a little. As for your braggin on Wayne's Detector Sales; I
        concur. I've bought two detectors from Wayne over the years. I
        still stop in occasionally to swap treasure hunting stories. Keep
        us informed on what you find with your new Prizm 3. Good Luck.

        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "samwatkins_75"