Re: Lake shore

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 2006
      My best find so far is this forum and the guts a couple of weeks ago
      to buy my first detector. Right now every find is a joy and a small
      miracle. I'm still in the world of firsts, first coin, first
      wheatie, first old knife, first silver, first UFO part. Shoot, I
      even enjoy digging the junk.

      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
      <mikem05@p...> wrote:

      > Bob, I'm not a bit worried about my arch's. My knee's will give
      out
      > long before the arch's give me trouble. Now, if I can just
      remember
      > to take some advil before going MD'ing. But alas, the memory is
      > going too.
      >
      > 200 man-made lakes? Never would have guessed that many.
      >
      > Care to share with the forum your best find(s)?
      >
      > Regards, Mike
      >

      > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bob"
      > <trobaughokc@s...> wrote:
      > >
      > > "Oklahoma has more man-made lakes (200) than any other state,
      over
      > one
      > > million surface-acres of water, and 2,000 more miles of
      shoreline
      > than
      > > the Atlantic and Gulf coasts combined."
      > >
      > > Hope you got some arch supports for those waders Mike.

    • Sharon & David LeVine
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 17, 2006
        my mom goes with my sister and her group hunting well they went to a lake
        some place and they got to clean it up while hunting, she told me this story
        that there was this guy there that kept digging and digging and finally dug
        up a old rust Dutch oven with the lid on it, she said you would have thought
        he found a million dollars. ++----Original Message-----

        <mikem05@p...> wrote:

        > Bob, I'm not a bit worried about my arch's. My knee's will give
        out
        > long before the arch's give me trouble. Now, if I can just
        remember
        > to take some advil before going MD'ing. But alas, the memory is
        > going too.
        >
        > 200 man-made lakes? Never would have guessed that many.
        >
        > Care to share with the forum your best find(s)?
        >
        > Regards, Mike
        >

        > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bob"
        > <trobaughokc@s...> wrote:
        > >
        > > "Oklahoma has more man-made lakes (200) than any other state,
        over
        > one
        > > million surface-acres of water, and 2,000 more miles of
        shoreline
        > than
        > > the Atlantic and Gulf coasts combined."
        > >
        > > Hope you got some arch supports for those waders Mike.

        Service.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 17, 2006
          Bob, sorry about that. I remember now that you stated in an earlier
          post that it was your first time out of the yard with your Bounty
          Hunter. What did I say earlier about my memory? No bueno! Anyway,
          the finds will come. People that have been in this hobby for a long
          time usually have a bunch of stories to tell. Most can usually
          remember their "firsts" as you say. Heck, I'm still waiting on my
          first silver half, and first silver dollar. Some of the "firsts" are
          bad memories. First time I got ran off a place where I thought it
          was Okay to search. First snake that my detector failed to pick up.
          Woah! First time I cut my finger on broken glass while digging a
          hole to retrieve a target. Ahhh, but when that silver comes out of
          the ground, all memories of the bad "firsts" fade away......