Re: Lake shore

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 2006
      Bob, I'm not a bit worried about my arch's. My knee's will give out
      long before the arch's give me trouble. Now, if I can just remember
      to take some advil before going MD'ing. But alas, the memory is
      going too.

      200 man-made lakes? Never would have guessed that many.

      Care to share with the forum your best find(s)?

      Regards, Mike

      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bob"
      <trobaughokc@s...> wrote:

      > "Oklahoma has more man-made lakes (200) than any other state, over
      one
      > million surface-acres of water, and 2,000 more miles of shoreline
      than
      > the Atlantic and Gulf coasts combined."
      >
      > Hope you got some arch supports for those waders Mike.

    • Bob
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 17, 2006
        My best find so far is this forum and the guts a couple of weeks ago
        to buy my first detector. Right now every find is a joy and a small
        miracle. I'm still in the world of firsts, first coin, first
        wheatie, first old knife, first silver, first UFO part. Shoot, I
        even enjoy digging the junk.

        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
        <mikem05@p...> wrote:

        > Bob, I'm not a bit worried about my arch's. My knee's will give
        out
        > long before the arch's give me trouble. Now, if I can just
        remember
        > to take some advil before going MD'ing. But alas, the memory is
        > going too.
        >
        > 200 man-made lakes? Never would have guessed that many.
        >
        > Care to share with the forum your best find(s)?
        >
        > Regards, Mike
        >

        > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bob"
        > <trobaughokc@s...> wrote:
        > >
        > > "Oklahoma has more man-made lakes (200) than any other state,
        over
        > one
        > > million surface-acres of water, and 2,000 more miles of
        shoreline
        > than
        > > the Atlantic and Gulf coasts combined."
        > >
        > > Hope you got some arch supports for those waders Mike.

      • Sharon & David LeVine
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 17, 2006
          my mom goes with my sister and her group hunting well they went to a lake
          some place and they got to clean it up while hunting, she told me this story
          that there was this guy there that kept digging and digging and finally dug
          up a old rust Dutch oven with the lid on it, she said you would have thought
          he found a million dollars. ++----Original Message-----

          <mikem05@p...> wrote:

          > Bob, I'm not a bit worried about my arch's. My knee's will give
          out
          > long before the arch's give me trouble. Now, if I can just
          remember
          > to take some advil before going MD'ing. But alas, the memory is
          > going too.
          >
          > 200 man-made lakes? Never would have guessed that many.
          >
          > Care to share with the forum your best find(s)?
          >
          > Regards, Mike
          >

          > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bob"
          > <trobaughokc@s...> wrote:
          > >
          > > "Oklahoma has more man-made lakes (200) than any other state,
          over
          > one
          > > million surface-acres of water, and 2,000 more miles of
          shoreline
          > than
          > > the Atlantic and Gulf coasts combined."
          > >
          > > Hope you got some arch supports for those waders Mike.

          Service.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 17, 2006
            Bob, sorry about that. I remember now that you stated in an earlier
            post that it was your first time out of the yard with your Bounty
            Hunter. What did I say earlier about my memory? No bueno! Anyway,
            the finds will come. People that have been in this hobby for a long
            time usually have a bunch of stories to tell. Most can usually
            remember their "firsts" as you say. Heck, I'm still waiting on my
            first silver half, and first silver dollar. Some of the "firsts" are
            bad memories. First time I got ran off a place where I thought it
            was Okay to search. First snake that my detector failed to pick up.
            Woah! First time I cut my finger on broken glass while digging a
            hole to retrieve a target. Ahhh, but when that silver comes out of
            the ground, all memories of the bad "firsts" fade away......