Re: Oklahoma dirt

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2006
      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "littlebax2002"
      <littlebax2002@y...> wrote:

      > hi group, I went out today and the ground was like rock hard, how do
      > ya'll dig through that? I'm near Mcloud, any tips from this area?
      >
      > thanks S.dee

      S.dee, I've just about given up on hunting until we receive some
      substantial moisture. Ground is just too hard. I'm thinking about
      hitting the shoreline at the lake. Easier digging and low water levels
      make lake hunting sound more appealing. Good Luck, Mike.

    • Bob
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2006
        I use an old throwing knife I found. It has a rigid double edged 4"
        blade that so far has served as an excellent probe. Here in the city,
        I've found that once you break the surface the dirt just turns to dust
        as you probe.