Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] Buying a metal detector

  • Colin Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2005
      Yes I agree about Kellyco. Some of their free accessories are pretty much junk, however they are good about customer service. They sent me a cheap set of headphones with my Fisher CZ-3D that broke. When I emailed them they replaced them for free with a set of Fisher headphones, no questions asked. I would recommend starting with a quality detector like a Fisher with a lifetime warranty, rather than buying a cheap one that burns you out on the hobby and has to be upgraded soon if you stay with it. Cheaper in the long run. Good luck.

      Colin in Sand Springs