Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] My first detector came today!!

  • Sharon & David LeVine
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2005
      good luck Paul let us know about your big finds.
      Sharon Levine
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2005
        Thank you! the totals are in and I found.....(drum roll please!!!!)

        12 PENNIES!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!
        I have to say that there are a few things I am pleasantly
        surprised to find out:
        1) The learning curve is not as bad as I thought it would be
        (though pinpointing seems to be my downfall)
        2) The LCD display is shockingly pretty right on!!! I figured it
        was kind of a gimmick for it to tell me what I'll get before I dig
        it up, but man! A penny really was a penny! A pull tab really was a
        pull tab, foil was foil! The only one slightly off was chunks of
        aluminum showed up as quarters on the display.
        I am really jazzed about this, I really had a lot of fun. I figure
        if I had this good of a time with this heat that when things cool
        off I'll be lovin' it!
        I came up a bit short on my goal for the day: finding the
        equivalent value in TREASURE of the purchase price of my detector
        (hey, a guy can dream, right?). And I was a bit dissapointed that I
        found way more stuff in my backyard than I did at the park. My wife
        suggested the abandoned church, so that's tomorrow's spot....
        Happy hunting all!!
      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 28, 2005
          - Well did you hit the old Church would love to hear about your finds.
          -- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Paul"