Update on Problems with Ace 250

  • Colin Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2005
      Still digging too many dry holes, but having some small successes.
      Visited a vacant old house built around 1930 this morning. Found some
      lincoln cents an one clad quarter, all heavily corroded. Also found a
      Roy Rogers cap pistol which my friend who lives next door and collects
      toys promptly took for himself. Anyway here is my follow up on
      pinpointing problems. I received a nice link to 250 pinpointing
      procedure, but it doesn't work exactly right for me. When I get a good
      signal I hold the pinpoint button down and move the coil from side to
      side until I am centered over the object with the strongest signal.
      Than, per the instructions I slowly pull the coil back towards me as
      instructed, continuing to hold the pinpoint button down, until the
      signal stops. My problem is that frequently the signal never stops
      until I am a foot or more back from the original target??? What am I
      doing wrong. Thanks again for your patience and your help