New member

  • hamjmja
    Message 1 of 179 , Jul 17 6:28 AM
      Just joined your club. I've had a cheap detector
      for a few years but don't get chance to use it often.
      I am a teacher in the Tulsa area and have wanted to
      join a club but didn't want to go by myself. Haven't
      found a lot of stuff yet. Got two sites locally I need
      to check but just haven't found the time yet. Got
      permission to check a newly cleared lot next to a store that
      used to be a wagon campground so I'm told. Gotta get
      there soon! Thanks for letting me join. Looking forward
      to learning from everyone.<br>Julie
    • bullriders2000
      Message 179 of 179 , Oct 12, 2007
        ---Hey guys..I have hunted fort Gibson many times and there are still
        some good finds waiting. There is a Farmer who owns alot of land
        across the river from the fort and if you ask He usally is ok with
        detecting it as long as there are no crops in the fields. have found
        alot of minnie balls and 52 cals in the fields..I have heard a rumor
        that the confeds had a small fort some where up river but was never
        really mentioned much...more of a camp from what I was told..havent
        found it yet..but if it where found it would be a blessing. In
        oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, dave_monks <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey Gary,
        >
        > I think in general the State or Federal govt own the river banks,
        so I
        > don't imagine there'd be any problem detecting there. The biggest
        > problems would be (1) physical access, (2) junk and (3) the river
        bank
        > has likely shifted dozens (if not 100s) of feet in the last century
        or
        > so. It would take some serious time and research to find the ideal
        > spots (like know ports, etc.)
        >
        > Dave
        >
        > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, Gary Wright
        > <wright4735@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Dave,
        > >
        > > I am from Oklahoma City. I'm at work now over in Kuwait and
        I'll