Re: Anybody finding anything???

  • diggerjoe_1
    Message 1 of 179 , Jul 16, 2001
      Not bad Tex D... I hit one of our local parks
      last Sunday and found a few pennies, a dime and a
      quarter. I didn't stay long because it was getting hot.
      Early mornings is a good time to hunt. We don't have
      any clubs around Ardmore but the hobby seems to be
      growing. Anyway, good luck on your next hunt...Diggerjoe
    • bullriders2000
      Message 179 of 179 , Oct 12, 2007
        ---Hey guys..I have hunted fort Gibson many times and there are still
        some good finds waiting. There is a Farmer who owns alot of land
        across the river from the fort and if you ask He usally is ok with
        detecting it as long as there are no crops in the fields. have found
        alot of minnie balls and 52 cals in the fields..I have heard a rumor
        that the confeds had a small fort some where up river but was never
        really mentioned much...more of a camp from what I was told..havent
        found it yet..but if it where found it would be a blessing. In
        oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, dave_monks <no_reply@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey Gary,
        >
        > I think in general the State or Federal govt own the river banks,
        so I
        > don't imagine there'd be any problem detecting there. The biggest
        > problems would be (1) physical access, (2) junk and (3) the river
        bank
        > has likely shifted dozens (if not 100s) of feet in the last century
        or
        > so. It would take some serious time and research to find the ideal
        > spots (like know ports, etc.)
        >
        > Dave
        >
        > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, Gary Wright
        > <wright4735@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Dave,
        > >
        > > I am from Oklahoma City. I'm at work now over in Kuwait and
        I'll