Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] This club is a great idea,but theres no activities,"until now"

  • Tony S
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
      Wait just a minute you havent done anything wrong,

      I like you, wanted to see some events, Ive taken it upon myself to try to organize a monthly hunt. Many people are offended by paying a dues to a club,and I understand thats why I dont require any. But with legends thc the cost barely covers id/monthly newsletters,and meeting rooms.

      I will never turn a person away because of money, Im here to make friends if you get to hunt and forget your wallet,you will be fed, i t doesnt matter. I find ego gets in the way sometimes when people dont understand you. I just want maybe 6-10 people to share some info with. Thats all,

      Sharon & David LeVine <levine@...> wrote:
      Tony I thought he was talking to me about the TTTHC and them charging for there hunts. If I offended anyone I'm sorry you don't have to join this club it's just one that I'm in people were asking about hunting this is all that I have done no other hunts at all. Sorry won't post about it on the board again. I am new here and just knew this board was not very active and trying to get something going.
      Sharon

        Wow Its 4hrs afer posting Ive had several contacts, Around 5 ,
        I figured it would take days,
        I really appreciate youre enthusiasm and look forward to meeting you.
        I want to pick a central local for meeting but people are all strung out. I want to be fair to everyone on gas mileage. "Its inevitable I cant please everyone" ,
        Ill let you know soon the details
        thanks for the reply again and nice to meet you.
        "I wish I had a white" Ive got a cheap bounty hunter right now.
        Im sure I can learn from you guys also, My niche is in history....
        Im not claiming to be a expert, just a person willing to organize others and have fun.
        I know so many spots to go it would take years.LOL
        Thanks to a Historian named Herb Couch he showed me the past.

        Talk to you soon,

        Tony

        michael alfieri <malfieri2000@...> wrote:
        Hey Tony,I have a white's Eagle II an oldie but a
        goodie!!!! my neighbor has a new white's ,he is in his
        mid 50's I am in my mid 40's keep us in mind for your
        meeting .... where and when...we have been detec. for
        about a year and a half , we would like to go on an
        organized hunt, let me know where feb 12 meeting will
        be and what time.... thanks , mike. p.s. don and i do
        a lot of treasure hunting together but we are still
        learning.........thats why an organized search would
        be good for us.........
        --- tiggertimet <tiggertimet@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mike,
        >
        > Sounds good man give me a call or email me at
        > yahoo,Im trying to do
        > a meeting for feb 12 but we may get together before
        > that .
        >
        > What kind of detector you got??
        >
        > Tell me some about yourself so i know a personality
        > with the
        > name.....lol

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        document.write('');

      • dpdave38

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 28, 2005
            hey dave over 2 yrs Ive read your post and appreciated
            your notes and pics allot,I have nothing against you
            and Im not looking to be the boss,in any fashion.
            I remember dullhawk and I like and respect him also.
            I didnt mean to seem negative but in retrospect maybe
            it did sound bad.But My frustration wasnt with the
            group owner just the people,
            So many of us live our lives saying "Id like to" or I
            should someday.But few stand up and take life by the
            horns.
            I guess if nothing else I wanted to encourage the
            folks at home to not only dream but make it so.
            I dont want to be a moderator with all respect,but
            thanks for nomination.
            Ive allways wanted to go on a hunt with you and
            dullhawk but we are all far apart,
            Ive driven 2hrs for a concert or fair so I figure
            thats a reasonable distance for some.
            so far ive met 2-3,
            I appreciate the group and your efforts as well as
            dullhawks.
            Have a great day man ,

            === message truncated ===
          • dullhawk
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 29, 2005
              Howdy Everyone! I'm still here. Just lurking around in the shadows
              if you will. NO ONE needs to step down or leave the group. I know
              the group activity gets slow at times but I have been very busy and
              don't have much time to devote to it. And since Dave was the MOST
              active member and really seems to care about this group, I made him
              a moderator. And I think he has done a great job with it. We have
              over 150 members so I think we may be experiencing some growing
              pains but that is ok too. I think it is fine to share ideas, after
              all, that is what this group is for. I understand Dave's frustration
              as I know he has tried to generate more activity. We are scattered
              across the states and can't all get together, but it would be nice
              to be able to sometime. Lately, I just can't find the time, but I
              SURE do appreciate seeing the pictures of everyone's finds. As for
              another moderator, right now I think Dave has put in his "dues" by
              sharing his enthusiasm with each of us. If I saw the same potential
              in another member, I might make him a moderator at some later time.
              But right now, it will be just Dave and I. I HOPE everyone stays
              with us and continues to share their treasure finds and stories with
              us. This has always been fun for me! I hope it is for each member,
              and will continue to be for quite some time!!!

              dullhawk