First year of metal detecting (Good or bad)

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2004
      My first year of metal detecting. (Jan. 28, 2004) I found 2136
      coins, 17 rings (1) gold, 34 pounds of lead weights the coins came to
      face value of 91.31. Lots of people that metal detect claim they
      find 400.00 to 1000.00 dollars in a year. I have had a good time
      finding every cion and ring that I have found and look foward to my
      second year. Here is a break down of what I found.
      1561 pennies
      103 nickles
      318 dimes
      153 quarters
      1 half dollar

      This includes

      1 tax token 5/10
      12 tax tokens 1/10
      33 wheat pennies
      4 silver dimes
      2 mercury dimes
      1 indian head penny
      1 barber dime
      1 standing quarter
      1 silver quarter
      5 Canadian pennies
      1 5 cent trade token
      1 Texas centennial souvenir (poll-parrot shoes)
    • dullhawk
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2004
        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "David"
        <dpdave38@i...> wrote:
        > My first year of metal detecting.

        Great Job David. Upload us some pictures!