GREAT GRANPAW NEW TO OMDC

  • transtarodie37
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2003
      Hey yall, I have been detecting since the early 1970s, have a Garrett
      TR discriminator with deep scan and water coil. I suppose that the
      technology has me a bit behind. I found some gold in Colorado on
      Clear Creek west of Denver up by Idaho Springs, maybe enough to buy a
      set of batteries ha. Well I was just looking at some of the pix and
      got a good idea on how I will handle the digging as I now have one
      leg and use crutches or a three wheel electric chair, I have a eight
      year old granddaughter and a four year old greatgrandson, so who
      needs to dig?

      The transtarodie thing is from a motorhome I just acquired this
      summer a 1985 Champion Transtar class C ? or class c- or B+ it`s
      all very confusing.
      See yall in the funnies, Warren (born 37)
    • Tony Standeford
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 2003
        dear sir.
        its a joy to meet you in the "net" and i wish you
        many happy days .I to love md allot and would like to
        learn some of what you know.............i feel i have
        a talent but i need a push..........tell me some
        stories ill even give you my #,
        im 35...but I feel older,that doesnt matter i wanna
        hear about some of the things you found?

        ty and even if i dont here from you again i think your
        membership is invaluable... tony

        http://photos.yahoo.com/
      • transtarodie37
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 20, 2003
          Hey Tony, Well I never did take pictures of the stuff that I
          found, some of it that came off the beach of the Gulf from Port
          Isabelle to Key West I don`t have a clue as to what it is, shipping
          junk? I got a lot of fishing lures, hooks, knives, tin cans, beer
          tabs, a toilet seat, a lunch bucket, a set of keys, a pocket full of
          money (none of it old), some kind of fruit or seeds from the tropics,
          why did they set off the detector?, one work shoe and up by the cut
          between north and south Padre a whole boat. I didn`t know that I
          found a whole boat until some time later when a big storm washed the
          sand off the top of the bow, all you could see before that was a pipe
          about a foot and a half down, after the storm the end of that pipe
          was up in the air about four or five feet. In an old abandoned
          amusement park I found some of the colored light bulbs, some tokens
          for rides or games, they look like the mills that you used to use to
          pay tax ( during WWII), a horse shoe and a narrow rail road that I
          didn`t dig up! I just followed it for about a block to a small creek
          and there it was sticking out of the bank.
          Well like I said, I acquired an assistant digger since I last
          posted and now detecting has a new convert, my eight year old
          grandaughter went with me the first part of this week and when the
          sun went down she wanted to use a flashlight to keep on in the dark!
          Boy I never did get hooked up that tight.
          One thing that I have always done on old farms is look for the
          fence post with a horse shoe nailed onto it, the shoe is supposed to
          mark the post where the farmer buried his can of money in the post
          hole, the guys that did that must have had to spend all their money
          before I got there hehhehheh. Some time ago (20 years or so) I went
          out a few times with an old timer (even older than me) that said the
          old vending people, who were supposed to be taking in a whole lot of
          money that never got reported to the tax man, were buring wash tubs
          full of nickles and dimes under the porch of their house, we never
          did find any of that stuff either.
          On those old abandoned places I never did get permission and
          never came across anyone to ask except one time I was going over an
          old farm and a relative of the owners gave me a hard time about
          tresspassing, but he was ok after we talked for awhile, as a matter
          of fact he wanted to know where to get a MD.
          Well Tony enough of that, what part of the country do you live in,
          I am in Oklahoma City for a while, until the Doctor appointments are
          done with then on the road again to where I don`t have a clue. It
          has been around ten years since the days on the gulf, might do that
          and see what has changed. I also enjoyed Kissimmee, Fl a bunch, Old
          Town and Pleasure Island is only a mile or two away towards Disney.

          MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL, Warren

          --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, Tony Standeford