Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] Re: a very interested newy

  • tom chandler
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2003
      mr hallsten thank you very much for your info i very much appreciate it maybe i can get out and look around this week end or at least check out e bay again,thank you
      Tom

      Kent Hallsten <pietbuilder@...> wrote:

      Tom, I pulled these clubs in Tulsa off this website, check it out.

      http://www.losttreasure.com/

      And also dullhawk is right about keeping it simple in the beginning. I have a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, easy machine and not too bad for the money. You can get it for maybe $200 on e-bay. I got mine at Academy Sports for $199.

      Later on if the hobby is for you, you will get the bug for a nice machine! I got my eye on White's XLT myself.

      Tulsa

      Indian Territory Treasure Hunters Club, Inc.
      Bob Freeman,
      1732 E. 31st St
      Tulsa, OK 74105
      918-747-3438
      webmaster@...
      http://www.itthc.com

      Tulsa
      Tulsey Town Treasure Hunters Club
      Clark Shilling,
      3523 W. Admiral Ct.
      Tulsa, OK 74115

      Tulsa
      Three Forks Treasure Hunters Club
      Richard Wallace,
      216 S. Harvard
      Tulsa, OK 74112

      wallace1@...

      Tulsa
      Three Forks Treasure Hunters
      Chuck Marcum,
      7111 S. Utica Ave #706
      Tulsa, Ok 74136
      (918)-495-0867
      graytcote@...

      Kent Hallsten

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • buriedcrap
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 30, 2003
        Hi Tom,

        I'm a newbie too so here's my take on what to buy. As with any
        hobby, it really depends on 1) your budget and 2) resale values of
        equipment. I bought a DFX right off the bat and am really, really
        enjoying the unit. Unlike my tecting buddy, I decided to buy the
        MOST expensive detector I could afford for a these reasons:

        1) I can afford it.
        2) The resale value on White's detectors is EXCELLENT. You can use a
        DFX for a few months and lose very little money if you decide to sell
        it. Several years ago I owned a White's 5900i for 2 years and sold
        it on Ebay for about $50 less than what I paid for it new.
        3) I like to use the best equipment I can afford in anything I do. To
        me, it enhances whatever I'm doing and makes the hobby a pleasure. I
        do realize, however, that some people can't afford the high-end
        equipment, so I'd just say buy the best you can afford.

        I have not regretted buying top-of-the-line equipment. I'd suggest
        going over to Treasure Electronics (31st street) and getting a demo
        of the White's machines. They are VERY well built and have a
        TRANSFERRABLE 2-year warranty. This is a BIG plus if you decide you
        don't really like metal detecting and decide to sell the detector
        later.

        Just my two cents.

        p.s. I live in Broken Arrow