Re: Rain ! Thank you!

  • shelby
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2003
      hi to all . nice to here Kent yeah i search'd my frontyard and i
      found a 1926 dogtag the #111 and a female dog thought that was
      preety cool and a found a 22. shell casing that is a lil bit longer
      than 22. casing's today oh and a i found a lil SQ.token that has
      Dept. of finance 1 1/2 in the midile and state of illinois at the
      bottem
      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "pietbuilder"
      <pietbuilder@y...> wrote:
      > Getting a bit of rain today to soften the ground. Great, about
      time.
      > I have been searching a high school nearby (Putnam City) and found
      > the usual trash, small change and a single silver earring with
      > turquoise stones. Nice!
      >
      > Sometimes with the dry ground I found it easy to dig, as it was
      > powdery, or it came up in chunks which could be easily broken
      apart.
      > Or it was hard , hard , hard! That's our OK red dirt for you.
      >
      > Last night decided to hunt the backyard again. I have a Bounty
      Hunter
      > Quick Draw II. It's a good beginners machine. Anyway, I have been
      > using less discrimination lately. I decided to dig a solid
      > iron/nickel signal 6" down. After digging a bit and eventually
      > getting a real shovel from the garage I pulled up a twisted piece
      of
      > sheetmetal about the size of a small pumpkin. Oh well.
      >
      > I got a chance to take my detector to the New Jersey shore this
      > summer. It worked great in the dry sand getting all the coins it
      > passed over. Also all the foil and trash. I used low
      discrimination
      > just to knock out the iron. I didn't find any jewelry. The QD
      would
      > send out false signals in the salt water or very wet sand, no
      matter
      > where the sensitivity was set. It sure would be nice to have a
      real
      > beach machine, but most of my hunting is up top in the sand anyway.
      >
      > My next outing is a middle school nearby that has a bit of
      > construction going on near the ball fields. Hope to snag a pocket
      > full there.
      >
      > Happy Hunting!
      >
      > Kent in OKC
    • dullhawk
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2003
        Hey warhead, Sounds like you found some interesting finds. Sure
        would like to see a few pictures of them. Especially that 22 casing.
        Could be a Winchester WRF (Winchester Rim Fire). This cartridge was
        eventually replaced by the WRM (Winchester Rimfire Magnum). Not
        really worth anything but still kinda neat to find. Would also enjoy
        seeing the Dog Tag & Tax Token.

        dullhawk

        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "shelby"