My weekend finds!

  • Shirley Watkins
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 19, 2003
      I got my new MD. Purchased on Tues Jan 14th. White's IDX Pro.

      My very first find in my yard is a Bicycle Tire Valve Stem Cap!!! I'm
      excited. I actually found something.

      A day later I'm back out digging in my yard. Thankfully is was a little bit
      warmer. I found:

      5 cent Oklahoma Consumers Tax Token
      Small washer
      Coke Bottle Cap
      Small cast iron doll shoe with japanese writing on the bottom.
      6" chisel
      various pop tops and trash, aluminum foil, nails

      Today I found a 1974 Quarter in my front yard

      Went out to my grandparents place and found:

      Wagon Wheel Hub Metal Ring
      2 Ball Mason Jar Zinc Lids w/ Pocelain seals
      1977 Penny
      1999 Nickel
      Clasp from an old ammo box

      The Mason Jar lids were deep down in the ground around 12". I didn't think
      this metal detector would range that far down but I guess maybe the larger
      the item??

      Had fun. Am proud of my finds. My sis ran the detector today and I was
      the digger. Am lining up more places to check out. Hubby wants to go to
      the ocean somewhere and check out the beach LOL

      Hope all had a nice weekend

      Shirley & Keith Watkins

    • dullhawk
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 20, 2003
        Shirley, I shure would like to see a picture of that tax token. I
        found a 1957 silver dime at the lumber yard where I work. I have
        found several coins there over the last couple of years. I will post
        a picture in the finds section.

        Douglas

        Ps - Don't forget about the local fishing holes and under those
        stadium bleachers. That is where I find most coins and jewelry.

        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Watkins
        <shirljo@t...> wrote:
        > I got my new MD. Purchased on Tues Jan 14th. White's IDX Pro.
        >
        > My very first find in my yard is a Bicycle Tire Valve Stem Cap!!!
        I'm
        > excited. I actually found something.
        >
        > A day later I'm back out digging in my yard. Thankfully is was a
        little bit
        > warmer. I found:
        >
        > 5 cent Oklahoma Consumers Tax Token
        > Small washer
        > Coke Bottle Cap
        > Small cast iron doll shoe with japanese writing on the bottom.
        > 6" chisel
        > various pop tops and trash, aluminum foil, nails
        >
        > Today I found a 1974 Quarter in my front yard
        >
        > Went out to my grandparents place and found:
        >
        > Wagon Wheel Hub Metal Ring
        > 2 Ball Mason Jar Zinc Lids w/ Pocelain seals
        > 1977 Penny
        > 1999 Nickel
        > Clasp from an old ammo box
        >
        > The Mason Jar lids were deep down in the ground around 12". I
        didn't think
        > this metal detector would range that far down but I guess maybe
        the larger
        > the item??
        >
        > Had fun. Am proud of my finds. My sis ran the detector today and
        I was
        > the digger. Am lining up more places to check out. Hubby wants
        to go to
        > the ocean somewhere and check out the beach LOL
        >
        > Hope all had a nice weekend
        >
        > Shirley & Keith Watkins

      • Shirley Watkins
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 27, 2003
          At 12:44 AM 1/21/2003 +0000, you wrote:

          >Shirley, I shure would like to see a picture of that tax token.
          >Douglas
          >
          >Ps - Don't forget about the local fishing holes and under those
          >stadium bleachers. That is where I find most coins and jewelry.

          I've uploaded the picture of the tax token I found.

          Look under Shirl's Finds Folder

          We did go out to the Lake last week, beautiful weather. Tried an old beach
          area that has erroded horribly since I was there last. Found 2 pennies and
          a sack full of beer can tabs. Oh well, I will try other places.

          shirl