Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] Christmas

  • dullhawk
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2002
      Naw, I'm down here in south central Oklahoma on the Red River/Lake
      Texoma area. I like relic hunting more than coin shooting. The
      beaches and local swimming/fishing holes are good places to hunt
      this time of year. Digging is usually permitted in these places.
      Also ask permission to hunt on local church lawns. Another excellant
      place to hunt this time of year is under the bleachers at local
      football fields (don't forget around the concession stands). We find
      lots of coins and jewelry in these places plus childrens toys (kids
      love to play under these things for some reason. Be sure to ask the
      grounds keepers before going. There are lots of great places to hunt
      but always ask permission first. Most people are receptive to let
      you hunt as long as you don't leave a mess of their yard. Many
      people are unaware of the "history" of their homes and are sometimes
      quite excited about having a house worthy of a hunt. So don't be
      afraid to ask, all they can do is tell you no. I hope you have a lot
      of luck!!!

      dullhawk

      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, Kent Hallsten
      <pietbuilder@y...> wrote:

      > dullhawk,
      > Are you a member of a local city club in OKC? I would like to
      check one out and find places to go.
      > I called the Parks dept. today and asked if they had any rules
      about Metal Detecting in the parks, and the girl said " no, but
      digging is not allowed, so that kind of defeats the purpose." I
      thought parks were open. I would think the digging law was meant for
      BIG holes, not small holes we dig. Do you have any suggestions?
      I'm really eager to get out when it's warm, even in January.
      > Kent
      >
      > dullhawk <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Merry Christmas
      everyone! I hope Santa brings you lots of treasure
      > hunting gear this year. Be sure to post some pics of all those
      great
      > presents.
      >
      > dullhawk

      Service.